• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit it7 max ver2.0 set up question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SilveR5656

Registered
ok heres my problem....i have a sony dvd burner, and 2 maxtor 80's......the mobo comes with 4 ide ports.....port 1 is primary, port 2 is secondary, and ports 3 and 4 are for ata 133/raid......i put the burner as primary master and the 1 hd on port 3 (master) and 1 hd on port 4 (master).....how do i set it up?.....i ran xp and it says it cant detect a hd.....the manual says something like "install the drivers for the highpoint raid controller and then set the bios to boot ata133".....any solutions/ideas?

SilveR5656 said:
...the manual says something like "install the drivers for the highpoint raid controller and then set the bios to boot ata133".....

This is exactly what you have to do. :)
Before moving the hard disks to the HighPoint controller you have to install the appropiate controller drivers.
BTW you have to install these drivers from the floppy disk provided by Abit when you do a fresh OS install...

regards

R.

hey im looking at buying this board do you like it and where did you get it from and how much...thanks ben...anyluck oc'ing yet??

ok.....i skipped the raid setup and just installed the 2 harddrives as primary master and primary slave and set the dvd burner to secondary master......i installed xp and it runs fine....so heres the 2nd question....if i want to set up raid the manual says i have to set the bios to boot the ataraid133 as first, second, and third boot.....is that right?....can i set it as first=floppy, 2nd=ataraid133, and then 3rd=cdrom?.....and then it says to set up the array which i have no clue how to do...any input would once again be greatly appreciated

SilveR5656 said:
....if i want to set up raid the manual says i have to set the bios to boot the ataraid133 as first, second, and third boot.....is that right?....can i set it as first=floppy, 2nd=ataraid133, and then 3rd=cdrom?...

Sure you can! My boot order is exactly the same, and it works flawlessly.

SilveR5656 said:
......and then it says to set up the array which i have no clue how to do...any input would once again be greatly appreciated

What type of array do you want to create?

regards

R.

OK, hook the two drives to the primary master and the secondary master ports of the controller, turn on the machine and enter the HPT bios by pressing Ctrl+H.
In the setup screen select 'Create array', and then select the array type (RAID0), the drives contained in the array, the block size, and array name. As a final step you have to mark the first drive as bootable, if you want to boot from the array.

Keep in mind that this process destroys all data stored on the two disks, and you will also lose everything, if one of your drive fails...

regards

R.

Last edited:
Back