• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7-IIR and PC800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jack_r

I have two samsung PC800 sticks that i can not get over 460mHz. If I push my 2.0 northwoood to 2.5 gigs I have to set the ram at 300. When I run at 120 fsb I still need to underclock the ram. The CPU runs stable at 2.4 but the ram seems to be the bottle neck. It also runs stable at 2.5 but the Vcore needs to be raised.

I have heard mention of the 40ns PC800 ram being able to overclock better then the older stuff and on newegg.com they advertise it as ram thats meant for 533 fsb processors.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduct.asp?description=20-153-104&depa=1

Will the 40ns PC800 overclock higher then my current ram?

the 40 ns sticks do clock better than the old stuff, however you have to do some homework and find out what kind drcgs you have.If they arent rated for 533 i would suggest changing them out first. then go with some good pc1066. i did this to my th72 and it really cranks

Hi jack_r, the 40ns stuff is known to o/c higher for sure....and as flapperhead said I would also be alittle concerned about your DRCG's....some cooling helps with those thou.I Replaced the chipset heatsink with a tiger chipset cooler and hacked the old sink up to make 2 small sinks for the clockgens(they just fit ) I have 2x533mhz Ti DRCG's here but havent replaced my old ones (rated 400mhz) as of yet.....considering the 400mhz ones arent doing that bad running @ 600mhz with 1gig ram x4

DRCG's Part # 202305-03-0135

Hope this helps...

the DCRG's are the stock ones that come with the board, I don't know what type they are. I did get the TI 533 DCRG"s but have not installed them yet because I have been hearing reports of people OC'ing their 40ns PC800 sticks to over 533.

I am going to get some new PC800 sticks before I play with the DCRG's. Does anyone know of an online store where i could pick these up? preferably 256mb

i have only had 2 sets of pc800 that ran 1066 on a gigabyte 8IHXP, when 1066 was impossible to get.
Samsung part# MR16R1628AFO-CK8 256mb ran stock voltage 1066 with a 2.4b no errors & i tested about everything the other set was 64mb sticks Samsung

i have the 1 set of the 256 stuff i just pulled since i bought 1066 finally, pm me if you want it before Egay..

Back