• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Mobo's to support dual ddr400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not that I'm aware of. The best source for Intel ship dates I know of is The Register (www.theregister.co.uk). The chipset name is Canterwood, so if you want to run it through the search engines you might come up with something.

BHD

Well from looking around the Canterwood and Springdale chipsets will support DDR400 ,and from what I have heard they will be coming out probably near spring time of 2003.

The best place for Intel roadmap stuff is the Inquirer. According to the Intel roadmaps I've seen (resellers only), the 800FSB+HT Northwoods are due in Q2 '03 (April-June) and so are the new Springdale and Canterwood chipsets. Here are the specs for the new chipsets........

Springdale P - 533/400 FSB, Dual DDR333/266, AGP8X, CSA, ICH5 (S-ATA)

Springdale PE - 800/533/400 FSB, Dual DDR400/333*/266, AGP8X, CSA, ICH5 (S-ATA)

Springdale G - 800/533/400 FSB, Dual DDR400/333*/266, AGP8X, CSA, ICH5 (S-ATA), Integrated Graphics, Stable Image Technology

Canterwood - 800/533 FSB, Dual DDR400/333* with ECC support, “Turbo mode”, AGP8X, CSA, ICH5 (S-ATA)

* When using an 800 MHz FSB CPU, DDR333 memory is clocked at 320 MHz. This minimizes system latencies to optimize system performance.

i dunno... i have a gut feeling that the springdale and the canterwood chipsets wont be out till either late 2003 or early 2004

the granite bay chipsets just came out.... so i dont think there will be a new chipset in less then half a year.... but then again.. i might be wrong.... i WAS the one who was thinkign that the canterwood and the springdale were gona have DDR II memory support.....

meh.. only time will tell

raven said:
the granite bay chipsets just came out.... so i dont think there will be a new chipset in less then half a year
Springdale (i865) and Canterwood (i875) are intended for the desktop market, replacing the i850E and i845PE/GE chipsets. Intel always intended Granite Bay (E7205) for the workstation market (even though many manufacturers used it for high-end desktop boards). Since the new chipsets aren't replacements for GB then the time factor is irrelevant.

But you're right, only time will tell.:)

Back