• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Look at quicly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt2364

I would appreciate answer on this question really quick bc i am leaving on a trip to go skiing very sooon and want to order my cooling system before i leave, so here is the question:

my radiator, water block, and pump have 1/2" bards, what size tubing do I use?

cooltechnica.com said that 3/8" ID tubing fits over 1/2" barbs, but someone esle here in the forum told me to ge4t 1/2"?

If all your fittings are 1/2" get 1/2" ID tubing. I would suggest ClearFlex, it's about as good as Tygon and quite a bit cheaper.

peace.
unloaded

I would recommend going with the 3/8" ID tubing.

I usually try to fit a smaller size tubing over a larger barb. This way you get a better seal on the barb aswell as less restrictions caused by the barbs. (most barbs are measured by OD, so that a ID of a tube will match up.)

The 3/8" tubing will cost you less and make a very minimal difference in restrictions. The biggest advantage is the tighter fit of the tubing over the barb.

Try and use Tygon or clearflex, and remeber using less
tubing = more flow. :clap:

Just my $0.02.:beer:

thats somewhat correct, but you can push tons more flow thru 1/2tubing even with little restrictions like hosebarbs, I gained a good amount of flow going with pure 1/2 tubing, but I would like to switch back to 3/8 and 1/2 barbs sometime, or the quick connect barbs, Gonna try to find me some of those!

Back