• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a difference between DD's NB chipset blocks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

At the site there are two blocks available, a Z chipset block and a plain copper block. I'm just wondering if there is a reason to get the Z chipset instead of the plain copper one. Since a lot of people feel the NB doesn't need to be water cooled, the plain block should be fine, but maybe the Z chipset has better water flow or something. What do you think?

Thanks

Tipycol

i think youre better off saving some $ and getting the plain copper one. i have a Z-Chip and i see no temp difference between it and my old plain copper one.

i guess its just for the prettyness

Really? Well if it doesn't have an effect on temperatures, do you think it has any difference with the water flow? I'm just wondering why'd they'd make two different types. Well, I guess it could just be for the see through top.

the other one is the old one, I heard its lower flow than the new one, and itll get in the way fo capisitors on some motherboards

Back