• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having probems with the 3:4 setting on IT7-MAX2 V2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Black_Paladin

I have this interesting problem with my IT7-MAX2 V2.0 and Corsair PC 3500 RAM: When I use 4:5 for my RAM at 169 FSB, the RAM runs at 422Mhz and it's
running fine at even the strictest timings (2-5-2-2) BUT when I use the 3:4 ratio and use a lower FSB such as 150, I can't get the computer to boot all the way (Windows XP totally freezes at the login phase). At 150 FSB, with the 3:4 ratio, the RAM will be only running at 400Mhz but this doesn't work for me even with the most relaxed settings.

In contrast, like I said above, RAM works just fine when I use the 4:5 ratio at 422Mhz with the strictest timings. What the heck does this mean??? Any ideas?

I tried both ABIT's latest official BIOS (CV) and Phantom Punisher's modded version of it with the nice increased RAM voltage options and the 3.01 RAID Bios but got the same results.

The reason I run at 169 FSB at 4:5 ratio is that this is the limit for my 1.6A on stock air cooling (Intel HSF). At this FSB, I can run Prime 95 for hours with no errors. At that FSB, even with 1.70V's (1.68 actual) the CPU gets pretty hot though. When my water cooling kit arrives on monday, then I'll be able to push the FSB higher. I'm thinking the RAM can go higher too. PC 3500 is rated at 433Mhz so since I can run 2-5-2-2 at 422Mhz, I can probably exceed 433Mhz at relaxed timings and because of this I would very much like to be able to use the 3:4 ratio but alas I can't. EVEN 150 FSB like I said above. This is strange and annoying but I'm hoping that someone here might have an answer for me.

Should I maybe try an earlier version BIOS??

Back