• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus p4pe problem!!!! plz help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tstrike

Registered
hi
i just bought a new mobo and a new p4 2.4b c1
the asus p4pe
i have the radeon 9700 pro
and corsair xms 512 memory pc3200c2
when i boot up my cpu the first time
the voice messenger says

"system failed cpu test"
anyone know what that means???
and what can i do to fix it

thanks

I have two suggestions:

1) The CPU was put in wrong. Check everything again, and make sure the CPU, heatsink, and fan are all connected correctly.

2) You bought a CPU that does not work, and you need to replace it. Sometimes computer parts do not arrive in the condition they are supposed to.

There are probably a lot more qualified people on this forum that could answer your question better, so don't take my word for anything, *lol*.

I agree with EmTSea19 on checking the correct install of the chip.
But the voice post option is disabled by default on the board. If you didnt select it, maybe your board has been used and rma'd. Try clearing the CMOS if the chip is placed correctly. If one of your bros has a p4, you can check it out on a proven board to make sure the chip is good. If all else fails rma that dud like EmTSea19 suggested. Hope this helps some.

i tried clearing the cmos
but still nothing..=(

so
the voice post isn't suppose to be enabled at default
so i'm nto even suppose to hear anything?
casue i cant even go to bios

Last edited:
RAMTHIS, thanks for the info. about the default voice. Is it on default for every Asus version of P4PE? I plan on getting a P4PE very soon, and that will come in handy. It will sure let me know if I got a new board or a used one.

tstrike, where did you buy your board from, and did you buy it as New?

I am not sure about the default voice or not, RAMTHIS said it, but I have not read it any where else. I think we need to get a few more opinions from other posters on what the P4PE default voice option really is. I think I jumped the gun on that, and more opinions should clear it up. Either way, it's not working.

Now you might have two problems, the CPU or the Motherboard.
Find out about the default voice first, if it's not supposed to be on, then try another Motherboard as it might be used. If it is normal that the voice is on, then it's the CPU.

Unfortunately, it could also be both. :(

Last edited:
Uh I aplogize for the incorrect information about the voice post being disabled at default. I forgot that when I booted my P4PE up for the first time I had no speaker attached at all. After playing in the bios I must have disabled it. Sorry but tstrike is right on the money with it being enabled by default. EmTSea19 I really jumped the gun on it!!

Hey, that's okay RAMTHIS. I don't have any speakers right now.
I am hoping to get them by the time I have all my building parts, so I can use the Asus voice feature.

Back