• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ddr voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

minus1

uh...hi. im a fairly new overclocker and i have a question about my ram voltage. i have one stick of samsung original pc2700 256mb with a thermaltake heatspreader. i was wondering whats the highest voltage i could put it at without worrying about it overheating. the highest i've had it was 2.85 (actually 2.9) with a 171 fsb and i was wondering how much higher i should go with just a single heatspreader and no sinks.

Generally, 2.8 is the highest safe Vdimm. Anything over that really cuts into the life of the memory. From a few threads that I've read, anything over 3.0 will usually kill a stick within a year but there are some sticks that are more tolerant of higher voltages.

~THT

that sux cuz its my memory thats hold me back. I have an athlon xp 1600+ and the fastest i could get it was 171*10.5. the processor was 100% stable, but my ram couldn't take much more. any suggestions on how to get more outta my ram?

Back