• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This looks like it would be good for a hoot type block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JML

ak350.jpg

It's an Akasa 350

oh wow! I think that is the same heatsink, any product links? I woudl be interested in getting ahold of one of those!

EluSiOn said:
aducted by alien.... saw the crop circle right in front of his house that day....

spacecraft.gif
Hehe. Yes that HSF would be fun to toy around with only I don't think I would go the poly route for the top. I think I would make a copper cap for it.

hoot was just online last nite, I saw him in this forum, I guess he is a very busy guy.

hopefully he's busy working on a new project :D

Now does anyone know where to get a copper strip to make the walls of the block, and we should be about set.

I used brass strap stock available from the hobby metal bin at the local ACE Hardware store. They have a variety of widths and thicknesses of brass strap, rod, angle and sheet stock. Otherwise, there are numerous hobby related metal sources online.

Hoot

No, but is is darn close to it. Looking at it, the only difference I can discern is the four tapped holes in the corners. They would not be hard to plug up though. I've been scouring stateside sites for the Akasa 350, but have not found a distributor yet. Tons of them in the UK, where they are based though.

On a different subject, it would appear that 1U skivved copper fin sinks like the one Dynatron makes would make a good basis for a Quasi-WhiteWater type cooler. Same process as my pin sink approach. Nip the fins shorter, remove some fins around the outside, put a strap wall around it, etc. Use two barbs for a side-to-side or cobble up a cetner-to-side flow scheme.

Look Ma, no mill!

Hoot

Hoot said:
On a different subject, it would appear that 1U skivved copper fin sinks like the one Dynatron makes would make a good basis for a Quasi-WhiteWater type cooler. Same process as my pin sink approach. Nip the fins shorter, remove some fins around the outside, put a strap wall around it, etc. Use two barbs for a side-to-side or cobble up a cetner-to-side flow scheme.

Look Ma, no mill!

Hoot

This is in fact the exact heatsink and method that Volenti used.

I searched high and low in the water cooling forum here and could not hit on dynatron and volenti. Was that chronicled on a different forum? Procooling?

Hoot

OCAU (I could not find the original thread), but should be some links off PC

be cool

No hits on procooling using dynatron and volenti. Oh well, it was not a big deal. More curious than anything.

Hoot

Back