• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which W/C Layout?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DoubleParadoxx

Registered
Which of these would be better to do? Or is there an even better way?

One
one.jpg

or

Two
two.jpg

Thx

I think the bottom may work slightly better, but it won't matter too much.

You will still be putting the same amount of heat into the same volume of water no matter how it flows, so just changing the tubing order won't help too much. You may want to try parallel runs to the cpu and gpu instead.

Go parallel. and don't forget that the GPU doesn't put out as much heat thus you can use thinner tubing for it.

As for your layout above there's negligible difference

Those are all the tubes i have at the moment. I just took it appart to clean out the water and all the UV die gunk. This time im trying a different die, so perhaps they wont turn yellow.

i will not advise parallel at all... I failed at it miserably... well.. that might be just me... but parallel is hard (the more difficulty it sound might be more encouraging to some... still not advised it)

i dont like paralle setups because some times you can get dead spots where there is verry little water flow, ie all the water will follow just one path.

i also like the top setup, because you have the CPU right after the rad, and in my experiance this is the best way to cool. but i would add a larger res to the system, i found that mine cooled the best with at least 1.5 gallons of water.

with .75 gallons of water in my p4 wc @ 2.8oc, folding 24/7 temps stabalise at 33c, after 14 hours

with 1.5 gallons of water in my p4 wc @ 2.8oc, folding 24/7 temps stabalise at 31c after 58 hours

with 3 gallons of water in my p4 wc @ 2.8oc, folding 24/7 temps stabalise at 31c after 92 hours

all temps taken with the asus probe, and at 1 week or 168 hours. of running 24/7 with only folding and winxp pro running.

i also noticed a 2c drop in CPU temp when i moved the GPU from befor the CPU to after it in the closed water loop.

Back