• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does anyone have the new Swiftech Pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Milkman

Just wondering if anyone has the new swiftech pump, It looks pretty sweet and is suppossed to be smaller than a Via Aqua 1300 with better output.

Swiftech%20pump.jpg

Last edited:
I have heard good things and not that great of things, never used one tho

I have seen a few with great success and 1 with his running kinda warm, somewhat hot, but nothing like the VIA

I wouldn't recommend it. The swiftech pump is a Sicce Idra that has been modified. The Sicce Idra is known to have some leak issue from the from housing. Swiftech changed the front plastic housing with a aluminum one but it's basically the same pump. Rating is approx 286 GPH or to be more exact 1300 liters per hour. The Sicce Idra is a submersible pump and not really made for inline use. It vibrates a lot and comes with a steel shaft, which releases more heat in to the coolant.

I would go for a Hydor L30 (320 GPH) or Eheim 1250 over a Sicce Idra(or the Swiftech pump). If size is an issue go for a Hydor L30....it's a much better pump.

Back