• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many modules should I buy for an Epox 8RDA+ nForce2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mata2974

I plan to buy the Epox 8RDA+ nForce 2 MB, my question is,??? :rolleyes: is it better to buy one 512 MB module or two 256 MB, these of course will be Corsair XMS-3200C2 because I like to overclock eveything.:D

I agree, if you want to utilize the dual DDR then go with 2 X 256
The nice thing about that is you can buy one stick to start with and buy the second stick when you can afford it plus it gives you time to get used to the Bios settings and playing with the mem timings. Then once you get the board dialed in, back the FSB off a bit and add the second stick and start tweaking and benching to see the increases in your memory bandwidth. You will find that you will not be able to run the fsb quite as high when in dual DDR mode but the increase in mem bandwidth will make up for it IMHO
If you can afford to lay out the cash for both sticks at once I still reccomend getting the board up and running and dialed in with one stick before adding the second stick.

Randy you kinda of have what I have in mind. I was just wondering how far you can go on your H20 rig, with that mobo and memory b'cz your specs seems kinda of conservative right now, what is holding you back

mata2974 said:
Randy you kinda of have what I have in mind. I was just wondering how far you can go on your H20 rig, with that mobo and memory b'cz your specs seems kinda of conservative right now, what is holding you back

LOL, I guess I need to update my sig:eek: I corupted my BIOS on the 8RDA+ I got greedy and went for to big of an O/C and a new BIOS chip is 2 to 3 weeks out so I bought an 8RDA to get me by and have a backup as well. I guess fear was holding me back:D I started out real conservative I am now at 200 X 11.5 mem sync.
But that is all I can get out of this AIUCB 0242 VPW chip from what I have seen and from my personal experiance it's a poor overclocker.:( That and my 8RDA+ was capable of a higher FSB with the C16 Beta BIOS than my 8RDA is with the most recent official BIOS

Now on this mobo I read that you dont need to gum up your bridges with all that conductive staff to OC it, now does that apply to all the T'Birds, XPs, Palominos or its only for the new cores with 333 fsb.
Now talking about corrupting a bios chip, how easy does happen on this MOBO, b'cz I once did it on my old ASus A7V and it was ugly. I hope the bios is not soldered to the MB right?. I want this MB so bad, nobody has it on Pricewatch its all backordered.

1)That is called unlocking

2) You can OC without doing it, just cant change the multiplier

3)All TBreds come factory unlocked in kt400 and nforce2 boards. Maybe not al kt400s, but most. But seeing how you are getting an 8rda+, a TBred should autounlock fine. Unfortunatley, this only works on kt400 and nforce2 boards

mata2974, I have the use of any multiy I choose and my XP2400+ has not been modified. The BIOS chip is removable it is a PLCC 32 pin type.
If you wouls settle for an 8RDA non plus they have a good deal on them at www.Mwave.com I am real happy with mine.

Back