• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I get This Swiftech?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XyKo

Disabled
Swiftech H20-8500 WaterCooling Kit

Just read a review on it and it came with everything and was easiest to understand on installation. But the cost is alot $250 at the site.

I was hoping to follow people and get that maze stuff but don't know what site and is it easy to install like swiftech?

I would not buy the whole kit. You can do much much better putting it togeather yourself. You can still use a swiftech block. I would reccomend them over danger den. I have danger den and it gave me tons of trouble. Try something like this-
Swiftech block- $50
Ehiem 1250- $60
Heatercore (from auto parts store)- $40
Hoses barbs, etc- $30
Total=180

Well, that radiator looks a bit dinky. I would surmise that it probably cools adequately but is not a top performer. You might wanna look for reviews on this particular setup. Quality-wise, I would guess that this kit is top notch. Swiftech always makes solid stuff.

What kind of problems have you had with the DangerDen block? What revision do you have?
Thanks...

nealric said:
I would not buy the whole kit. You can do much much better putting it togeather yourself. You can still use a swiftech block. I would reccomend them over danger den. I have danger den and it gave me tons of trouble. Try something like this-
Swiftech block- $50
Ehiem 1250- $60
Heatercore (from auto parts store)- $40
Hoses barbs, etc- $30
Total=180

Shaotai said:
What kind of problems have you had with the DangerDen block? What revision do you have?
Thanks...

Some people have complained of leaking poly tops and copper shavings left inside their blocks. Overall though, I think DangerDen still makes a decent product.

ok a heater core form the auto pats store and a swifty block look nice and there is currently a thread on some mag drive pump that looks really nice the 500 gph version and some hosse... oh from advanced auto parts an 86' chevette heater core is only 26$

the thing is i'm a newbie to this and too lazy to read about parts and trying to figure out something to put them in. I just want something that can be a higher performer and easy to install. I know this set is not a top performer, that why i came here to ask for some advise and help with other cheaper parts.

XyKo said:
the thing is i'm a newbie to this and too lazy to read about parts and trying to figure out something to put them in. I just want something that can be a higher performer and easy to install. I know this set is not a top performer, that why i came here to ask for some advise and help with other cheaper parts.

DangerDen's MAZE3(copper top) or Dtekcustoms' TC4 (aluminium top).

If you want to water cool, you got to put in the time to research and Do It Yourself indeed is the best way. Listen to others for their advice, they are trying to help and also they are speaking from experience.

Pump can be VIA AQUA 1300 ($25) or Eheim 1250 which everyone uses. Although MaxiJet is also not bad at all.

Radiator should be the 1989 chevette heater core and there is a thread that has a DIY tutorial using Glad tuperware to create a shroud for it. That will save you big bucks instead buying them from Dtek ($20 for a shroud)

If you really want save, then you can buying some of the used parts in the classified section in this forum

Where did you buy this kit from? I am thinking of it for my second water rig. Any good prices on a reliable site?

that 8500 kit was reviewed here in late December...see the 'watercooling' section on the home page. I'm pretty certain the setup falls somewhere near the middle of the performance rankings.

Back