• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How high above water temps is your cpu temp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seal

What is the difference between your cpu temp and your water temp?

Im measuring from a t line and measures water temp after being through the cpu.

Water temp: 32.3 deg C
Cpu temp: 41 deg C

I think that difference is a bit high so i wanted to know yours.

Seal

thats normal i cant tell u mine right now cause i have nothing currently set up there might be a temp in my sig im not sure id there is if it is right.

24.2c water, 39c cpu,

it all depends on what cpu at what clock and voltage and how it is read

cpu in sig, 8k3a ondie readings

Room---Water---Core
20C-----22C-----37C Idle
20C-----23C-----43C P95 Torture

Pesky little Tbred cores are a real bottleneck for heat flow.

Hoot

My water temps are 26c and the CPU is 33c. If that helps any. Also my water temps are measured as soon as the water enters the res from the block.

Update: I changed fans from the 2x80mm PS fans to a single 120mm Panaflow ducted (pulling). My temps are now:

This is measured by my vantec nexus front panel temperature sensors.

Last edited:
Prime95 1 hour

12x200 1.82vcore

room-----water-----cpu
20.6c-----23.6c------35-36c

Water temp is read after the block in a T fitting.

thats good, what radiators are ppl using? i get about 10 degress diff between room and water temp. (black ice pro)

i need to get myself one of those. dtek heatercore, do the different colours affect cooling?

Keep in mind these temps we're reading are 100% MOOT unless you provide where in the system you're takeing the water temp AND the entire loop of your system.

CPU-HC-Pump.

CPU with no load stays exactly at or within 2C of water temp(water temp before pump after radiator)

Under load now with F@H
CPU5-8C below water temp. Water temp stays between 38C and 40C depending on which fan's I run and how fast.

CPU specs below....

P4 @ 1.65V actual....

temps takin right after 1 hour Prime95 from T line.

Ambient WATER CPU (FULL LOAD)
22C 27C 38C

Toysrme said:
Keep in mind these temps we're reading are 100% MOOT unless you provide where in the system you're takeing the water temp AND the entire loop of your system.

CPU-HC-Pump.

CPU with no load stays exactly at or within 2C of water temp(water temp before pump after radiator)

Under load now with F@H
CPU5-8C below water temp. Water temp stays between 38C and 40C depending on which fan's I run and how fast.

Hmmm.... How is your CPU temp below water temp. Your CPU temp looks to high to be TEC cooling.

Back