• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just starting out need help...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IntelN00b

Im quite new to the overclocking thing and I have read most of the tutorials out there and I still have one question.

I have an Intel D845EBG2 mobo and I went into BIOS and I have options to change some memory settings but I dont have any options to change FSB or voltages. Am I just not capable of doing this on my board or am I doing something wrong? Also is there any programs I should download to help me with this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome to the forums! We'll have you adding "Former" to the front of your username in no time.

You're not going to be able to overclock this board. Intel just recently started offering some adjustment options in the BIOS on the D845PEBT2 board-and this board has limited overclocking options compared to third-party boards made using the same chipsets.

Before this board, Intel offered as many options as your girlfriend when you've really torqued her off. You're out of luck.

You might hear about a couple of Windows-based overclocking programs. I don't recommend them. They only work on some boards and when they do work, the overclocking gains are slight and the programs create stability problems.

Your best bet will be to replace this board with an aftermarket board with the 845PE chipset.

BHD

Well that kinda sux, but hey thanks for the help and next time I will make sure that I have overclocking capabilities on my next board.

Back