• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cool my water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Liss

anyone have any craZy ideas on how to cool my water?
i'm using a core.. (unknown car)..120mm panaflow med @7v.. and thats too loud for me..........

come on people. i want some new craZy ideas..........
(would like it to fit inside my case)..
errmmmmmm..

grrRRRSSS

peltiers or phazechange, sometimes you can find a labchiller for cheap....

http://www.variablepc.com/photo.htm#225 one of these and a 226watt tec would be awesome, regulate your cold plate temperature! I may get one of these when I getmoney, for dual 80watt chiller or something like that,

no 1 80watt tec wont cool, it only cools 80watts, your cpu is probably over that, You want at least 1.5x the watts of peltier as the cpu

I saw an article a year or so ago where somone actually sandwiched two of the same heatsinks with a pelt between them. One of the heatsinks was submerged in the res while the other was cooled as if on top of a CPU. In the end CHILLED H2O!

As far as I've seen peltier chiller are very innefficient. He'd be better off applying the peltier to his cpu.

Well, there's always Ice probes. Sometimes ebay has em cheap, but its still an 80mm fan.

those ice probes are woosie, maybe like 2 or 3 of them would work but not just 1

I've put this question on the desk at some of my colleagues... they're into cooling, in both skyscrapers and mini-fridges... I bet they'll come up with something fun.... those guys put together systems that can actually make it snow indoors :D

Little bit of info: At the kenedy space center there is a big building in which they build the shuttles in and it so big that it has its own atmosphere and can rain, snow, and have clouds.

JML said:
As far as I've seen peltier chiller are very innefficient. He'd be better off applying the peltier to his cpu.

the point is to cool the water so i don't ave to have a fan...

if i put the pelt on the cpu..... i haven't accomplished anything.. :(

Thats small time. Here in Seattle Boeings got the Largest building in the world by volume (472,000,000 cubic feet). They Build the 747, 767, and 777 there.

How much space do you have in your case?
I have seen a waterchiller project that is completely internal. Go to a junkyard or something and get an old fridge compressor, use some copper coiling for a condensor, and make a res. It will need insulating (insulating is really not that bad), but it should get some very nice low temps. Compressors are usually much quieter than fans (and they are much lower pitched)

you still need a fan on the condensor... unless its massive

your only option is external(out of case) evaporation cooling via big rez or some sort of bong

Back