• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will i see a big difference from sdram to ddr?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes.
Run a Sandra benchmark on your SDRAM, then again after you upgrade. Also during your SDRAM benchmark you will notice just how slow your SDRAM is compaired to the DDR RAM.

Enjoy your DDR if you get it!:D

yeah thats a benchmark - if you get 10000 or 10001 in a benchmark I would be damned if you could see that difference...

there will be a difference, everything will feel to react quicker...but it wont be different on the scale that if say your using 128 with XP and you upgrade to 512 and its all sooo much better...nothing like that - but again something slight, load times are quicker IMO, but thats just from using a friends DDR system, aint used one for long enough myself to acustom to all benefits

I just switched today its a huge difference not only in benchmarks but in games. everything loads quicker and runs much smoother. I also bought an nforce 2 (asus) and an xp 1800. so much more than ram was upgraded but it was well worth it.

I'd say wait until you get a new system.

You already have 512MB PC133, Why won't you just save up your allowance's and get a killer computer?

I dont think this true - if your talking 512DDR SDRAM over say 768SDRAM I would go DDR - but 256DDR SDRAM over 512SDRAM I would have to go SD as the 256 just dont cut it no more

ninthebin said:
I dont think this true - if your talking 512DDR SDRAM over say 768SDRAM I would go DDR - but 256DDR SDRAM over 512SDRAM I would have to go SD as the 256 just dont cut it no more

So tru!! I wish I never sold my 384 SDRAM, now i'm stuck with 128 DDR.:(

ssgohan434 said:
will the difference be huge in 3d benchmarks? like im getting 5000 now what will it be with ddr?

Yes, because of the increased memory bandwith you should see a very nice increase in your 3D Mark score and other similar applications.

What are you putting DDR into? If you're going to have to upgrade everything to do this, I suggest waiting until you actually need it. If you're going to college (I don't know your age) or something like that, I say save your money so you can buy top of the line when you buy. Also, if you are upgrading everything, no matter which you get, you'll feel a difference because you're getting better stuff all around. If you're going from a PIII to an XP and even SDRAM, it'll be faster, or at least I think so.

Z

Back