• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fans ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Borgy

Hi all
ok i have a Chenming case
water cooled with all homemade blocks
and im changing it about
at the mo it like this..
6x6x2rad.JPG

but im going back to my old rad 9x6x2 heater core(better cooling) that wont fit at the bottom of the case

so im modding the case so it fits in the top 2 CD bays the fans
I feel they should be there anyway cos heat rises
now i need to work something out with the fans
should i go for x2 120x120x25mm (need to be 25mm cos of space)
or x4 80x80x25mm ones ?

its not just for looks be also for cooling and i want it almost silent
im might use a rheostat for fan speed control
and there no room for any shroud

so 2 or 4 fans, the black box is the heater core
at a push i could do 6 80mm fans
fan_guards.JPG

Borgy

that doesnt look too much like a heatercore to me:D

I would go with the 2 large fans, they dont wine as much, and youw ant to split off sections for each fan, otherwize they will be pushing against eachother

I would actually suggest you just make a shroud for the existing one, it helps a TON

JFettig said:
I would actually suggest you just make a shroud for the existing one, it helps a TON
adcutaly, i would second this idea!
What fan do you have now? I would do a puch pull with a shroud, it will drop the temp prety well!

its a Panaflo 120mm fan, 86.5cfm (medum flow ) but it too big to but under the heater core 120mmx40mm
I made a cardboard shroud the temp dropped about 1'c
but with the bigger heater core i dropped more

I have been leaning towards the 2 x 120 mm fans
Iv seen some Aluminum ones here in canada .. anyone used them ?
EVERCOOL_AluminumFrameCaseFan120x120x25mm.jpg

Borgy

There is nothing wrong with your existing heater core that two shrouds and a second identical fan would not fix. Put a shroud on each side and one fan pushing while the other pulls. This is what I use and many other people who use that particular core. It is so effective, you can slow down the two fans with a rheostat to reduce the noise when you are not running hard, not that the noise is very bad anyway.

Hoot

Its also i just dont like it there it doesnt make much sence to but something that get warm at the bottom of the case for it to rise up thoughout the case
i think ill go for the 2 120mm fans with the bigger heater core
seeing im cooling the CPU, GPU and nothbridge
Borgy

Back