• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7 Dying??????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Buzzdog

I am in need of some help here. I think my IT7 is going south on me. Let me give you the history on this. My main system specs are in my sig, other then the CPU is now a 1.8c1. Well, I would say about a month ago I started to experience sound issues in games. Well only one game really, that is what I have been playing exclusivly, wwiionline. This was when I had my 2.26 CPU in the system. It was just intermitten, and was only annoying. My speakers would start screaching. Well the condition began to deteriorate rapidly over the past week. I suspected that my sound card was at fault. So a quick trip to Best Buy and a cheap sound card later, and the problem was still there. Cables are all in good condition, there are no shorts or breaks in the cables. Speakers are not at issue either, it still happens with headphones. Also, it seems to be worse when the system is under load. I have placed my sound card in every PCI slot. It is the only PCI card installed on my system. I did not add any new hardware or do anything that would change my system that could have possiby caused this. I have also replaced my memory stick to eliminate that, and the problem is still there. I only wish that I had another IT7 board here to replace mine with. If the problem goes away then I would know it was the boards fault. My northbridge is actively cooled. My system and cpu temps are well below any critical stages. My voltages never dip real low. If it is my IT7, this will be the 2nd Abit board that has died on me in 6 months. The first was a BD7II-R. I am not bad mouthing Abit in anyway, this board has been awsome.

Has anyone else ever had something like this happen? Also, I have tested the system at stock speeds with 1:1 memory and loose timings on the DDR. I am 99.99% confident that it is not a problem with my DDR sticks. Btw, I only use 1 stick in this system. I have a 2nd waiting for a GA-8INXP. I have reformatted and reinstalled XP 2 times this week, fresh up to date drivers from creative. The only other thing that I think it might be is my onboard NIC. The problem does seem to show its ugle head more often when I am online. I have an old NIC that I will intall in the system and see if that does the trick. I doubt it though, as I have disabled the onboard LAN in bios and I get the screaches as XP loads. Also to note, I have tested the sound card in my 2nd system and it works like a champ. Also, this problem is still there no matter what CPU I have installed in this system. To me everything is pointing at the motherboard.

Thanks in advance,

I wish that one manned canoe from china would get here already with my GA-8INXP

I havent found any noises from mine as yet but.......When i installed my creative Audigy card,my Mechwarrior games started to get EAX errors while starting up,ok I thought,try another PCI slot,nope,I've tried 3 and 4 so far,I was going to try other slots just havent had time yet.Each time I've uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them.No other game I have on my system has had trouble.UT,Quake III,UT2003,MOHAA,Spearhead,Free Space,just to name a few.

What BIOS version are you using? I had a stuttering problem after I updated and went back to BT I think(not at home can't check).
have you tried the on board audio?

I have not been able to get the onboard audio to work, tried to, but it would not work. I just got home from work, so I have not tried to try a different NIC yet. This is driving me insane atm. I am off the next 2 days, so on my free time I will be trying to track this down.

Back