• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P4B266 - Turbo option in Bios???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
When set to Turbo 1 mode it fixes the PCI/AGP bus speed. Turbo 2 mode fixes at a higher speed and doesn't usually work.

Consensus is that Turbo 1 fixes the bus speed at 37/74Mhz and it's been suggested that Turbo 2 does 40/80Mhz which is borderline too fast for a lot of components.

Turbo 1 should work fine and it's a good idea to enable it if you're going to be running your FSB too far above 100 or 133. The PCI/AGP bus is synced to the FSB and will increase along with it unless it is locked at a fixed setting. That is what Turbo 1 and 2 do. Why didnt Asus just call it "Lock PCI/AGP bus" or something like that..... who knows?

Thank You both. My first computer was a compaq but my 2nd, 3rd and 4th have all been hand built with ASUS M/B's I love Asus but some of the things they do confuse me. IE the Turbo thing, and the "EZ Plug" power plug on the board.

Back