• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

who makes good "aftermarket" heat spreaders?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

a1cnolan

i have a stick of samsung 2700 and i can't get it to run tubo even at stock voltage. im hoping i may be able to if i ut a heat spreader on it. i know its a long shot but i gotta do something. anywho what i mean by good is i had gotten some for my samsung 2100 back when my wifes pc was mine and it had these incredibly wide pieces of tape attaching it to the ram. i just couldn't see how they dissapated anything. im hoping someone has come up with a better way since then although it did help me get to cas2 on those sticks. (my board had no way of upping voltage then).
so are there any good and hopefully cheap heatspreaders out there? im looking for efficient. i wish corsair sold theirs. then we could see if they were really hand selected or if they just have a really good cooling solution

Thermaltake make nice copper heatspreaders for ram. Why dodnt you just up the voltage on the ram to 2.9 and see if you can get the faster timings? I have some Samsung PC2100 running rock stable at 166 2-2-5-2 1T command with 2X256mb modules. I also have 2 256ers in a P4 [Asus P4B533] with a 1.6A Northwood at 16 X 150 with the 3:4 mem to CPU ratio so the PC2100 is running at 400mhz DDR 2-3-6-3 timings. This is all with voltages at 2.9 and no heatspreaders at all.

Back