• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When exactly will the springdale chipset be released?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It was originally slated for a May release. I haven't heard of it being pushed out, but depending on how the market looks it might not show up until June.

Naughtyboy_2000 said:
Springdale..???

Fill me in..!?!?!?!

Intel i865 chipset
will come as
i865P:
800FSB and 533FSB support (prescott ready), DCDDR 400 and 333 8x AGP
The onboard network will not use the PCI bus but rathre have it own called "Communications Streaming Architecture (CSA) bus" with 2GB/s bandwidth

Will use the ICH5 south bridge

i865P:
Same as i865PE minus 800FSB support (prescott)
Will have 400FSB unlike i865PE and will support DCDRR 266 and 333

i865G:
Same as the i865PE but with intregrated Graphics

Q2 like the others said is when we should see the product lanuch.. along with Canterwood, i875 later in the same quater.

i875 is targeted at the high end, should have better memory bandwidth and lower latency. Will also have ECC support

jay said:

Intel i865 chipset
will come as
i865P:
800FSB and 533FSB support (prescott ready), DCDDR 400 and 333 8x AGP
The onboard network will not use the PCI bus but rathre have it own called "Communications Streaming Architecture (CSA) bus" with 2GB/s bandwidth

Will use the ICH5 south bridge

i865P:
Same as i865PE minus 800FSB support (prescott)
Will have 400FSB unlike i865PE and will support DCDRR 266 and 333

i865G:
Same as the i865PE but with intregrated Graphics

Q2 like the others said is when we should see the product lanuch.. along with Canterwood, i875 later in the same quater.

i875 is targeted at the high end, should have better memory bandwidth and lower latency. Will also have ECC support

So if you have 400FSB CPU you have to get the i865P and you wouldn't be able to upgrade to a 800FSB CPU.... thats sucks :(

Back