• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

200fsb, best ram for it on kx7333?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goodyer

Registered
for a system running at or close to 200fsb, what would be better 512 pc3200 samsung just regular stuff, or 512 pc2700 ocz cl2

the ram would be used in a kx7333, and im aiming for best 3d performance etc

i dont know very much about ram or what the timings mean so any help would be appreciated

thanks

Last edited:
You Samsung might be able to do it with slower timmings. If not get some Corsair 3500's.

Lower you memory timmings to 7,3,3,2.5 and see if it will post. It could also be your motherboard not letting you go further.

sorry i forgot to mention that im looking to buy the best for this system that im planning to get

this is just a request for suggestions on what to buy to get 200fsb with this board

i was just wondering what would be most stable and give best performance

Last edited:
Well, the brand doesnt matter as long as u get PC3200, it will go to 200Mhz...the only questions is how far BEYOND that it will go...if wanted. All PC3200 (as long as its quality ram like Kingston, Samsung, Crucial, Mushkin, Corsair) will do 200Mhz FSB, and have the same performance.

The corsair XMS3500C2PT on my KX7-333 will do 2,2,2,6 at 199 Mhz FSB. The only thing holding it back is the lack of a 1/6 divisor to keep the AGP/PCI frequencies in check.

hmm sounds good

is there another board around the same price range with a 1/6 agp divider and has the same capabilities as the kx7-333?

Currently, there aren't any boards with a 1/6 divider due to KT400 shortcomings. nForce2 powered boards lock the PCI and AGP buses so no matter what FSB you're running, you'll always be within spec. The cheapest is the EPoX 8RDA at about $100

~THT

Evnas said:
Well, the brand doesnt matter as long as u get PC3200, it will go to 200Mhz...the only questions is how far BEYOND that it will go...if wanted. All PC3200 (as long as its quality ram like Kingston, Samsung, Crucial, Mushkin, Corsair) will do 200Mhz FSB, and have the same performance.

what about the cl2 timings and things like that
doesnt this affect performance and data rates?

Goodyer said:

what about the cl2 timings and things like that
doesnt this affect performance and data rates?

Yea, thats y i put "quality" in there, hehe. 200Mhz is the rate of the ram, and most ram can run at aggressive timings at their rated speeds.

Back