• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU temp reading

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wangster

Official O/C Santa Ferret
What the best way to accurately measure cpu die temperature without turning it into a science experiment or sacrifing body parts to afford the equipment?

Wangster

either a mobo with ondie readings or a compunurse taped to the side of the core, with thermal paste completing the connection to it, thats probably your best bet on my 8k3a I found the insocket probe is the same as a compunurse touching the side of the core, on my duron 850@1066

Is there a way to sandwich a sensor between the WB and cpu without affecting heat transfer or damaging the sensor?

Also I was wondering why no one has thought of converting a SLK-800 or a Swiftech 462 into a WB by capping a top and machining the pins or fins down in the area directly above the core.

This way you could have a HUGE surface area to cool and still direct an inlet directly over the hottest spot of the WB.

Just wondering.

Last edited:
nope, no way to do that

and doing a swifty or the other, they have terribly thick bases for watercooling, .25inch is probably the maximum that should be used, Most of the time i use 1/16inch or a little less or more. theres other ways to get mad amounts of surface area

Back