• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ocz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bananaman

Registered
lo

I have been looking at this.. http://www.overclock.co.uk/moreinfo.php?id=737 .. and read a few reviews that liked the RAM but everyone in the forums seem to be really against OCZ, why is this, are they that poor, or for the same money is Cosair better, it is just these OCZ sticks seem to use 'true' 400Mhz chip (5ns i tinhk) where as the Corsair use handpicked 6ns ones. So which is better?? Is it stil the Corsair?

thanks for the help

OCZ has in the past been misleading and under-handed in the way they sold and advertised their ram. Selling lower quality chips as if they were higher spec. However scince it was publicised, they have bucked their ideas up and are now selling some, if not the best ram around (OCZpc3500 EL DDR).

I have a 256mb stick of OCZpc3500, which even though it's sold as CL 2.5 it actually goes to 200fsb @ CL 2, I'm certain it would do more, but my northbridge wont cut it at any higher than 183 as the agp and pci crap out with my revision of the A7V333r v1.0 board.

Grab10%20copy.jpg

Not bad considering i paid £80 $128 for it!

MDA.

ah ok i see, so they have sorted themselves out now? hope so, the other question is is it worth paying the £7 extra for the 3500 version or is it probably just he 3200 RAM which they have checked will go higher?

Also is COrsair still the Ram of choice, or justs a brand name that is linked with high poerformance (maybe falsly)

NANA

Corsier is still the RAM of choice, but i think you will find it about £20 more than the equivelant OCZ ram. As for getting pc3500, it all depends on what fsb your running. If you expect to get anything above 200fsb then i would suggest YES, if your not going to overclock your fsb, then NO! Pc3200 will do fine.......it does however mean if you upgrade your motherboard to a newer chipset ie Nforce2 or kt400, then at least you have ram which will definately work + and you can overclock the fsb still!

MDA.

yeah i am plkanning to get an Asus Nforce2 board (A7N8X) as selling my old mobo and RAm to my bro for about 150 quid so going to do that, tihnk it is worth the seven quid or so to get the 3500 just so i know it will hit 200Mhz at CL2 :D

cheers for the help, i tinhk i am goign to take the risk and go for OCZ, the question now is do i try and ind the rarer EL DDR??

where did you get yours MDA?

cheers NANA

I have the A7N8X and had Corsair 3500 C2 and my OCZ EL DDR 3500 performs better in this board.

Back