• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Granite Bay - only 3 manufactures?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vulpes

So far there is Asus, Gig, and MSI. Do any of you know any plans about releasing the boards from Epox (to get em cheap) Albatron and Abit?

Ok, so far, i found out that Abit isnt going to be selling granite bay motherboards. Iwill howerver will. Ill keep upldating you :)

Vulpes said:
So far there is Asus, Gig, and MSI. Do any of you know any plans about releasing the boards from Epox (to get em cheap) Albatron and Abit?

MSI
Asus
Gigabyte
SuperMicro
IWill
Aopen

Some manufacturers may be reluctant to release boards based on Granite Bay, as it is intended to be a server/work station solution, and not for desk tops. Of course that hasn't stopped some manufacturers from using them on desk top boards but there are compromises, the chief one being price. Springdale is the chipset thats intended for desktops, but it probably wont be out until 2Q03.

Here's the Granite Bay boards we've seen so far........

AOpen AX4R Plus
Asus P4G8X / P4G8X Deluxe
DFI NB80-EA
Gigabyte GA-8INXP
IWill P4GB
MSI E7205 Master L
MSI GNB Max
Soltek SL-85FR / 85FR-R
Tyan Trinity E7205 S2662

8 manufacturers so far.:)

I'm betting on the MSI board to be cheap. this might be a sleeper board despite the less than stellar opinion of the board overclocking-wise. what was overlooked in most reviews of this board was that OCing is done in windows with their OC utility. one reviewer was able to get good OC results and if it's priced right, like MSI has usually done. this should be an all aroung good board.

As well though, i'm hoping that the gigabyte board is gonna be priced right as well cuz that's the one i really want. they are usually priced cheaper than the asus boards.

Coz said:
Here's the Granite Bay boards we've seen so far........

AOpen AX4R Plus
Asus P4G8X / P4G8X Deluxe
DFI NB80-EA
Gigabyte GA-8INXP
IWill P4GB
MSI E7205 Master L
MSI GNB Max
Soltek SL-85FR / 85FR-R
Tyan Trinity E7205 S2662

8 manufacturers so far.:)

From 0 to 10 could you rate overclockability of thsoe boards?

Vulpes said:

From 0 to 10 could you rate overclockability of thsoe boards?

It's tough to say as nobody's delivering yet. I don't know what the deal is with these boards. Stinks like vaporware...!

Back