• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Spects for Radeon 8500LE W/B.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TonyMc

If you want build a block for your Radeon 8500LE here are some spects.

fcdc4c35.jpg

These measurements were taken with the stock HSF still on and are of the area of the HSF not the GPU as I'm making my block the size of the HSF and shows the the HSF in relation to the mounting holes. BTW the drawing is not to spec so do not copy and paste this for a template.

*Edit* Sorry guys it's fixed.

Last edited:
only 5mm? thats pretty tight fit;)

in inches if you draw a box 2x.8inches and stick the holes at the correct 2 corners, youll have it also,
btw, I got a r9000pro for 69 bucks, Im working on my gpu block for it too:D

everythign is basicly the same, the core is almost the same one:p

the r9000pro and 8500le is almost the same card..

the holes are the same too

Mikeonatrike said:
Is it even worth it to watercool the card?

Ill be able to tell you that soon, as soon as I get material for the top of my gpu block

Good stuff, i gota 9000 pro retail(150 C) and it would be cool to cool it later on, pump will handle it no worries and i got some copper left over from my CPU block.

I'll be undertaking this project tomorrow using the same #Rotor style channels I used on my CPU block. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Mikeonatrike said:
Is it even worth it to watercool the card?

Definitely worth it. It's isn't just from a temperature perspective. Good aircooling for a video card will take up 1 or 2 adjacent PCI slots whereas a slim waterblock could fit in there without wasting those precious PCI slots...

Here's what I have so far:

fcd9491e.jpg

fcd9491f.jpg

fcd94921.jpg

I still need to solder it together. Also I don't think it will flow to good the way I placed the barbs with all the channels out front, but I'm going to run it for a while and see how it performs. I'm going to order some 1/2" stock and do a U or M channel for the next one.

you have enough space to put screws in there, so that you can reuse the top on your next one maybe?

it looks really good, I would have left a wall so that it hasta go around, it mite end up sucking from the inlet and going strait across, Try it out,

Nice. Any chance an RTX tool could handle milling through block copper or would I just kill the tool?

milling with it would kill it, I have tried to mill with a 1/8inch end mill and the tool just jumps all over, you can cut it really nicely with the cuttingwheels

JFettig said:
you have enough space to put screws in there, so that you can reuse the top on your next one maybe?

it looks really good, I would have left a wall so that it hasta go around, it mite end up sucking from the inlet and going strait across, Try it out,

Yeah I thought about that. I need to "mill" out the plate under the barbs or it will be like a cow peeing on a flat rock, but I think I'm going to have a major dead zone in front of the barbs. Thats ok though this is just a tempory block. When I start work on the big project I'll have to build a new one because I want the barbs to exit out the back of the card opposed to the side, but so far so good. A little more fabrication and it should be ready for mount. Also I was thinking about using the screw and glue method like I did on my CPU block. I found some cap head screws like the ones I've used before, but in stainless. :cool:
Thanks [EG]~NaTz~. Let us know how it turns out.

Last edited:
only the 128s have holes, I almost bought a 64 then I finally found out it doesnt have holes, so I went with a 9000pro

Back