• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P4PE - [email protected] 1.7vcore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Klashe

Registered
Would you say that the voltage (1.7) I'm supplying the CPU is too much? I have a Swiftech MCX4000 w/ a Thermaltake SCF 2. I get about 37-38C idle and 42.5-44 load. I'm just concered about the longevity of the CPU. I am able to run [email protected] default voltage rock solid, but when I reach 3GHz+ territory, I need to pump a lot more volts into the CPU. Kind of strange if you ask me. Your suggestions are appreciated.

Klashe said:
Would you say that the voltage (1.7) I'm supplying the CPU is too much? I have a Swiftech MCX4000 w/ a Thermaltake SCF 2. I get about 37-38C idle and 42.5-44 load. I'm just concered about the longevity of the CPU. I am able to run [email protected] default voltage rock solid, but when I reach 3GHz+ territory, I need to pump a lot more volts into the CPU. Kind of strange if you ask me. Your suggestions are appreciated.

this sounds normal.

after you find what your cpu tops out at, at default voltage, you then need extra voltage left and right just to go higher.

btw...I would say you are OK at that voltage for long turm use.

good luck

mica

You are seeing dubble my good man, I just wanted a quick response(excuse the selfishness). Anyway, thanks for the info. BTW mica, what voltage are you using? Because when I play CS(Counter-Strike) or something that stresses the CPU, my computer just reboots. A tell-tale sign of the computer being unstable. That, or other obscure errors start to appear.

Klashe said:
You are seeing dubble my good man, I just wanted a quick response(excuse the selfishness). Anyway, thanks for the info. BTW mica, what voltage are you using? Because when I play CS(Counter-Strike) or something that stresses the CPU, my computer just reboots. A tell-tale sign of the computer being unstable. That, or other obscure errors start to appear.

what kind of testing did you do.

prime95 is a good stress test to try.

if you get an error it will stop and tell you.

then just up the voltage a drop and test again.

if you can last at prime95 for say 8 hours then I bet you system is stable.

sometimes some games need more voltage then prime95....yet not the game you mentioned. UT2K3 or mafia come to mind.

I'm using 1.722v (idle) real at this time.

I would rule out getting a new PSU if yours is a name brand 400w or better.

mica

Well, I just ran Prime95 for 8+ straight hours. Nothing seems to have happened while I was sleeping. I was running 2.53@3001 1.65vcore. That doesn't sound too bad.

Klashe said:
Well, I just ran Prime95 for 8+ straight hours. Nothing seems to have happened while I was sleeping. I was running 2.53@3001 1.65vcore. That doesn't sound too bad.

that sounds great to me.

maybe you can hit 3.1 with 1.7v?

anyway, your looking good now.

mica

What is all the information on your 2.53? I also have a 2.53, but I'm having trouble getting it stable over 3GHz with more than 1.7V, I shan't dare try more than 1.75V for fear of the ill tarrying SNDS.

Back