• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help planning water setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kelvinblade

i use a PC-60 and i want to setup watercooling because my fans are too loud. i want to use a heatcore with two 120mm fans.

where should i place the heatcore? top, back or front? i was thinking of getting rid of the hard drive cage and putting it there. i am not sure if there is enough space. can anyone send me pictures of their water setup with a PC-60.

check the forum of hardocp.com, they had a list of rigs with lots of pics maybe you could find the right case, and or good ideas:D

I have a PC-60 too and am currently working on putting an internal water system in it. Space is quite limited really. You're gonna haveta get an "import" heater core to fit it in the front or the top. A 6x6 core could be made to fit in the top, but you'd have to do quite a bit of modding, as in cutting out part of the frame. If you don't have to have a heater core, you could use a BIX or similar. They would fit without much modding. Another option is to make an external system. Here's the thread where I'm working on mine, maybe it will give you some ideas. Thread Here.

peace.
unloaded

i am now thinking of taking out the 3.5 bays as well. that'll give me more space. and maybe mounting it sideways like dodgeviper.

unloaded , can you tell me how to take the speakers and the bottom part of the hdd cage out? can't seem to get those little screw-like things off.

i don't have tools to change the barbs for the heatcore. are they heatcores that come with 1/2' fittings so i don't have to do anything to it?

kelvinblade,

Try looking at www.dtekcustoms.com for a look at their heatercores. They have a variety of options you can choose from. You might also try www.dangerden.com. They have the BIX that will work with a 120mm fan although you might have to make your own shroud (try tupperware ;) )

I also have a Lian-Li PC-60 but I'm getting a new chieftec full tower to fit all my new stuff into it.

can i just use a dremel and a soldering iron to change the barbs? or will it be very hard?

how do i take off the parts in the PC-60 that are not held by normal screws?

You might try private messaging DodgeViper here in the forums. He seems extremely knowledgeable concerning heatercores and shrouds.

To take off the rivots you need to drill them from the backside with 1/8" bit, one shoulda came with your dremel. The speaker came out by removing one screw and then sliding it out from under those tabs. I'll be removing or flattening those tabs btw. I also had to remove the USB ports and fna controller from the front of the case. After a bit of modding to the heater core its gonna just fit. Keep in mind that my core is smaller than most and you'll have a realy har time fitting a larger one. I have mine running right now for leak testing, I'll try and get some pics up tonight. I still haveta make a shroud outta plexi, after that I should be ready to get it all rockin.

peace.
unloaded

soldering h/c, you need a torch, you need to heat up that part, and a soldering Iron will not, you need to flux the joint then heat it so the solder can melt on it, not the torch

Oh yea, I forgot to mention about the barbs. I cut the original ones off flush and epoxied some pennies over them to seal em off (per DV's suggestion) I then relocated my barbs to the side of the tank and epoxied them in. Not quite as pretty as soldering but much easier to do. Also it works quite well. I'm debating on doing a bit of sanding and painting. I'm really anxious to get it going so not sure I wanna take the time to do it.

peace.
unloaded

Back