• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water blocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

water_cooler 20

i want to make a water block for my video and system ram and one for my chipset chilled water will be running through the blocks.Can anyone show me designs for these block and how to make them.
MY mobo is the epox 8rda+ i want to cool the nb and sb.
My vid card is a sapphre radeon 9000
My ram is CORSAIR PC3200.

i'm just doing the Nb for more fsb the sb i'm doing because if i oc high i will gets some harddrive errors and more.

lol, you dont need the south bridge PERIOD
look at the thread above, radeon 8500le dimentions or whatever it is. theres hole dimentions in there

yes, do you have the 9000 or 9000pro? I think they both have holes rite? they are the same too,

The sb dont gererate much heat. I've checked mine, and it is around 25°C(I have a heat sink on it.) A waterblock on it is just unnecessary, will take more time, more material and one more thing that can leak. :)

Vulpes said:
25? whats your case temperature? let me guess - 25?
Currently, 21°C.

I checked the sb-temp with a meat thermometer, and the contact between the sensor and the heat sink might not be the best, but the temp I got, was 25°C.

You don't need a southbridge and at most any northbridge cooler with a slow fan is more than enough even overclocking.

I only suggest northbridge cooling when you don't want fan noise at all. Try your hand overclocking with what you have already.

-Toysrme

this is dumb, Im sorry but its really pointless to wc the sb, and ram, REALLY pointless... even more pointless than watercooling the NB of the mobo,(wich I do for fun)

Back