• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want cheap PC3500?!? Buy THIS PC2700!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dirty_Punk

today i'd tryed 10 sticks of V-Data PC2700 memory

6 sticks were with this chip
V-Data
VDD8608A8A-6B

horrible overclock

4 sticks were with this
V-Data
VDD8608A8A-6B

i let you to give an overclock rate for this sticks ;)

this is at 2.5v (2.46v real), 2-5-3-2
v-data2.5v.JPG

this is at 2.96-7v 2-5-3-2
v-data.JPG

all 4 sticks with the second rows 40245 clocks the same, not bad for a PC2700 memory stick i think! :D :cool:
think that this series of V-Data PC2700 can do all o/c like this (on Intel plataform)

ah, without any heatsink, like all cheap memory stick

Posted by Pisly from xtremesystems,org
Dirty punk - do you have a stick of corsair 3200 or 3500 by any chance? If so take the heatspreaders off and compare it to your A/V-data sticks. You can see the "custom designed and in-house made" corsair PCB in all its glory then. On the A/V-Data chips as well. Theyre IDENTICAL. The only difference is the Corsair PCB is silkscreened with component numbers.

2 explanations I can think of. Either A/V-data ram is corsair selling off the stuff that failed its test ratings to be XMS, or theyre bull§§§§ting again and they just use cheap, generic, reference design PCBs. The PCBs on both are stamped with an "RU" company logo. Corsair is looking to be more and more of a rip off to me.

buyed in italy, www.bow.it have it, but there is some version of PC2700 V-Data and only this
V-Data
VDD8608A8A-6B

works well

Tebore said:
Did you make sure to run memtest86 to make sure it was %100 stable?

at 217mhz they were good stable to 3dmark ecc ecc. but never tryed memtest
at 495 they weren't stable, think they can be stable at around 485-490 (always 2-5-3-2, probably 2.5-7-3-3 can do better mhz but worse bandwidth), but haven't the time to test them and theyr stability, because of at 184mhz of fsb i'm not sure tha my 2400 can be 100% stable, so haven't the time to test first CPU and after memory...
i use this pc only for test, and have about 2-4h at week to use it (work, university, football, friends....) so for me it's not interesting its stability but only its performance ;)

howether think that this memory can be a good buy over PC3500 if you want to save money ;)

Back