• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling Kit????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The swiftech kit would probably cool much better considering the waterblock used, so if you have the cash, it would probably be your best good cooling solution.

I actually have an Iceberg kit from Ahanix that I setup and installed yesterday. It's very compact and works reasonably well but isn't going to give you excellent results. Mine hovers right around 45C...same as the SLK-600 aircooler I had before. Of course, the noise is gone due to the absence of the 7200RPM fan.

If the Ahanix kit had come with a copper block instead of aluminum, I'd say it would have faired much better. I'll probably get a new block eventually but it cools OK for now. I just wanted to try my hand in H20 cooling for the first time and this was a pretty cheap kit that just works.

Yep, kit wise the Swiftech is the best. Though if you don't mine getting you hands dirty you could buy the parts seperately and get better temps. Again if you feel you're not yet ready for that the Swiftech kit would work fine.:)

do you really want a kit? generally they dont perform as well and your almost better off getting a nice heatsink.
i agree that swiftech would be the best choice for a kit.

however, you might want to look into getting parts separately from places like Dager Den (www.dangerden.com) or D-tek (www.dtekcustoms.com).

good luck :D

I went the route that Nico suggests, with dangerden, I loved it. In fact im going to be hooking it up the the new computer whent he parts come in.

Jon said:
The swiftech kit would probably cool much better considering the waterblock used, so if you have the cash, it would probably be your best good cooling solution.

I actually have an Iceberg kit from Ahanix that I setup and installed yesterday. It's very compact and works reasonably well but isn't going to give you excellent results. Mine hovers right around 45C...same as the SLK-600 aircooler I had before. Of course, the noise is gone due to the absence of the 7200RPM fan.

If the Ahanix kit had come with a copper block instead of aluminum, I'd say it would have faired much better. I'll probably get a new block eventually but it cools OK for now. I just wanted to try my hand in H20 cooling for the first time and this was a pretty cheap kit that just works.

I bought one of those due to size limitations I have. I wouldn't suggest it to anybody. Besides the block being pretty bad, the res is a real piece of crap. It was almost impossible getting the top/gasket to seal. And once I did manage it, I noticed the next day cracks were forming in the corners where the screws are. I took the whole kit out and left it assembled in a cake pan. After about a week I looked at it and saw that the cracks had finally leaked and half the coolant had drained from the system into the pan. Luckily it wasn't in my puter. If I were you, I'd keep a real close watch on the res.

peace.
unloaded

Buy the parts seperatly from the manufactures... It's atleast $40 cheaper no matter what you do and will have a much higher cooling capacity than any "kit" you buy.

The problem is that people see KIT and think that means easier for newbies. Untrue.

-Toysrme

I see also the swiftech parts from sidewindercomputer, and if I buy them part by part it will cost me about 170 or something like that, just have to buy the hose clamps and the hose, they also sell a water block with a peltier on it, but it's too expensive for me, and I'm just starting with water cooling, so may gonna see d-tek and danger den to see what may I find, thanks for ALL the help.... :D bye and happy new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danger Den Kit
MAZE3 Intro Kit $187.97
MAZE3 Block w/ 4 Hole Mounting Kit
1/2" Chrome Fittings - Lucite Top
Black Ice Pro (Black) Radiator
Hydor L20 185G/H
Sunon 120mm Fan
Water Wetter 4oz Bottle
Arctic Silver Thermal Compound 3
7 ft of 1/2" ID Clear Flex Tubing
1 Reservoir Straight Fittings (Taped)
10 Hose Clamps
One 1/2" T Fitting
One 1/2" Y Fitting

Swiftech "Kit"
Swiftech kit $194.10
MCW5000-A for Socket 462 $53.00
Swiftech RAD676 Radiator for Dual 120mm Fans $39.95
Swiftech MCP300 Pump $47.25
120mm Clear Ultra-Cool with Speed Dial 2/$28.00
Pump Relay Switch Kit $17.95
Arctic Silver 3 $7.95 (3gr)
Missing the hose and the hose clamps think... :p

The Danger den kit is cheaper but I think that the sidewindercomputer is better or not???? I'm a newbie so... don't know much about this.... any recomendation???? or even any custom kit recomendation????? :confused: :D
and does someone know my temps with this kits????? :D
thanks for the help....
bye

Back