• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

All 815 chipsets support Tualatins?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marphyre

Registered
I've got 5 boards here that are all regular 815 chipsets with blown caps. All are Shuttle AE22's, and I was looking through the manuals and on the spacewalker website, and they don't say that they support Tualatins. However, going to Intel's site and looking for info on the 815 chipset, it pretty much says all 815 chipsets support the .13 micron process. Really, what I'm wondering is if it would be worth it to resolder some more caps on these boards or not...if they support tualatins I'd be all for gett'n these guys up and going again. Thanks!

Marphyre

its not the process, its the voltage that matters. the reason normal 815 chipsets dont support tulutins (and also via c3's) is because they can't supply a low enough voltage to the cpu - thats why intel brought out the 815ep chipset (there are are few other reasons as well)

Now you might be able to get one working, but i really dont know.

James is absolutely right. (In fact, I had the AE22, and now have the AE25, which does support the tualatin.)

You might be able to mod the mobo to support your tualatin anyway. Do some looking around for the vid pin modding that folks are doing.

BTW, how did your caps blow? Did it happen to all your shuttles?

Thanks, and good luck! -- Paul

I'll do some looking for that...I've vid pinned a bunch of p4's, so those relatively big pins on the p3's shouldn't be a problem :> It hasn't happened to all of my shuttles no, but just about every ae22 has come back...those apparently were baaaad about it. I've got 5 of them in the shop now, and I've had 3 or 4 more that I just threw the boards away...every one of them was a couple of months out of the 1 year warranty :/ I'm not sure what is causing it, other than just el cheapo caps...most of the boards will still boot, but going into windows it'll give all kinds of errors, or just plain lock up. I'll do some more research later today though...thanks!

Back