• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P4PE Fan Headers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There are three fan headers on the board. All three are located at the top righthand part of the board. CPU header is next to memory slot 1. Power and chassis headers are located just above the atx power connection. The manual covers all three versions as the layout is the same, just diff options. I ordered the big dog board with all the goodies but the stripped down model has the exact same layout and fan header amount.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the information. So, I would plug in some case fans into the board, but if I had more than three, I would plug it directly into the Power Supply? Or...is plugging them into the power supply the best thing, and not even use the fan headers in the Motherboard?

If you want to moniter the fan speeds then the headers on the board are the way to go. Stuff like the case fans can be just plugged into the molex connectors. If you want to spend the extra cash, get a baybus. I run my rad fans through one along with two 120 case fans. It lets me run silent (for surfing) and can easily be switched to full power for gaming when my stuff starts to sweat a lil.:p Plus you are pulling power from the board using the headers. Not much but i dont like to steal any juice from the mobo if i dont have to.

Thanks, RAMTHIS, a babybus might be a good idea. I wouldn't mind one with a temperature reading too. Not that I overclock a lot, but I am on the computer a long time and it would be good to check the temps.

Vantec makes a really cool fan controller. I have 2 tornados hooked up to it and the speed sensors are still plugged into the P4PE's motherboard headers. Check out my avatar for a picture of it.

Let me show off a little more
nexus3.jpg

Back