• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump adding heat to system...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UnLoadeD

Well after modding my heatercore so it'll fit in my case I've hooked up pump/T/core for leak testing. Its been running for about 8hrs now with no leaks. This is all good except I notice that the core is warm to the touch now. Its almost as warm as the pump. The pump I'm using is a the ViaAqua1300, but that's not the point. I'd read articles or threads explaining how the pumps will put heat in the water regardless of it being in-line or submerged. The articles were a bit over my head usually but i gotta say it seems the guys knew what they were talking about (not that I doubted them 8p~). I'm actually not suprised it happens, just suprised at the amount. The thing is really warm. Well just wanted to share my observation, wish I had a way to measure the water temps and the pump. BTW the water was ice cold outta the tap this time of year.

peace.
unloaded

This is quite normal... When you run the system with no fans blowing on the core, you don't have much to cool the water. It is a combo of pump heat and friction which makes the system warm. Happens to us all when we bleed with no fans running. As soon as fans run on the rad, the liquid will cool down rather quickly.

My water heats up to just over air temp with the computer off and the pump on. It's not a problem. remember that all water systems are doing is trying to be at an equallibrium between the ambient temp, and the modifiers like black, pump and heatercore cooling power.

-Toysrme

rivercom9 said:
UnLoadeD, you got any pics of the setup?

No, I've taken it apart after leak testing. Gonna start working on the shroud shortly and hope to have it in my box soon, I'll post some pics then.

peace.
unloaded

Yeah, my pump runs 24/7, and my system starts at 30C when I first turn it on, and then drops to 26-27C (kindof idle, but not quite).
That's just measuring cpu temp, I don't measure water temps...maybe I should get another probe one of these days....

Back