• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin PC3200 Promo Build any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well i have a stick of PC3200 from mushkins i i must say this ram
is VERY overclockable:)
this stick of 512 ram i have runs @ 200 fsb.
i like the memory an the service for me has been more then excellent:D

=[8c0re8]= said:
well i have a stick of PC3200 from mushkins i i must say this ram
is VERY overclockable:)
this stick of 512 ram i have runs @ 200 fsb.
i like the memory an the service for me has been more then excellent:D
200 fsb is what pc3200 is rated for, your not overclocking your memory

I have purchase one pc2700 and it didn't o/c well.. I have in up to 187 with regular timing at 2.99vmen.

ive been trying to get my mushkin pc2700 at 3200 speed. the highest ive gotten is at 147fsb, 392ddr (with very relaxed timings). this is at 2.7 volts. i really dont want to push the voltage up any higher. anyone know whats the highest/safest amount?

kiltz, i think you should be able to go higher - pc2700 is rated for a 166 fsb and you're only at 147?!............shouldn't even have to touch the voltage...........

Push the voltage higher. You'd be safe giving it 2.9v. I have my RAM running at 2.8v... the extra little bump really helps.

Those Intel FSB/mem ratios mess me up every time I see them!

Shade00 said:
Push the voltage higher. You'd be safe giving it 2.9v. I have my RAM running at 2.8v... the extra little bump really helps.

Those Intel FSB/mem ratios mess me up every time I see them!

Just a tip but most Mushkin sticks act tepid with to much voltage :rolleyes:

Silversinksam said:

Just a tip but most Mushkin sticks act tepid with to much voltage :rolleyes:

Mushkin themselves and a lot of review sites also note this- their sticks don't like extra voltage, and the highest you can do on low voltages is probably the highest the stick can go.

Back