• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is there a flaw in my system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

a1cnolan

well it seems my watercooler is more than i ever expected it to be. I am currently at 177X10 on my speed and still have headroom i think. when i am idle im at 32 to 36c but when i run prime 95 i can sometimes hit as high as 44c. The ability to run my voltage up is probably most of the problem. i wanted to keep ocing and my pc was stuck at 171 but i upped the voltage to 1.95 and that got me 173. my high temp was 39c. so i thought if i ran it up one more i could get higher and i do. im stable overclocked as i said before but my temps seem high.
i currently running an external watercooler. my pump is sitting in a 2 gallon resevoir it runs 1/2 tubing to an 89 camaro heatercore and then to the cpu block and out to the resevoir. it seems the temperatures in the room i have my rig in are going up the longer i keep my computer up if thats possible. all i know is the rest of the house is cooler than this room.
any ideas on what i can do to get this thing cooler so i have more room to go up on my overclock.btw i haven't upped the stock ram voltage at all.

i made my waterblock myself. let me see if i can find the threads that it is posted in.

yeah here it is
as far as i can tell it works very well. im sure its possible that my temps are high because of the voltage but yeah. i want to make it work better

i have a radio shack 86 cfm fan on it 120mm. with a tupperware shroud. exhaust. i don't have the money for another fan right now on the otherside. im using 89 camaro heatercore. im pretty sure the wb is tight enough but ill try locking it down more in a loittle while. that was one of the first problems i had so it may be it. ..any other ideas?

It's very possible that your ambient room temperature could become a bottleneck to further OC'ing unless you can get more airflow into your room :).

Would it be possible to hook up a window AC unit to your room?

well nevermind. i killed my POS power supply tonight. i should have seen the tell tale signs. i mean this epox board already killed one. DON'T EVER EVER EVER buy enermax. They absolutely suck. they are fine for nonoverclocking systems though but don't buy them. i guess i just put too much load o it.

what really sucks is im still paying the loan on this computer and i don't know when ill have enough money to get a new one. this is all rather annoying. anyone wanna lend me 69 bucks for the 400w sparkle? well my watercooling adventures are over for atleast a month

thats true. i just tested my power supply in another computer and it worked fine. i checked the processor also and it wasn't the problem. the motherboard failed. ill have to get someone more handy with a soldering iron than i to the 5v mod though cause the enermax 5v was definitly way low

I run 3 enermax, and put them in other peoples systems (when fixing them, and theres has failed) and never had any problems yet, but you never know. Room temps suck, as they go up so do your temps, I have the same problem, when I run my computer (or should I say 3) for a while it gets warmer in there. I just open my window in the winter.

well i as i said i found out it wasn't the power supply but i have tested with a multimeter and found that my 5v rail out of the power supply is fine. the atx connector puts out too much resistance. o and ive got something else to tell you. my fried mob wasn't a fried mobo at all. im just a dumb!$$. i put my ide cable in backwards on my hardrive. well i hope the harddrive didn't crap ut for ow im gonna get the 5v mod going while im in there. ill fill you in.. i repeat i am the dumb!$$ of all time

Enermax PS's DO die sometimes. My first 400W Enermax died after one month feeding an ATHLON 1400. Since I had lost my receipt I was out of luck but I made good use of the cute fans, long cables etc.

i killed some wanna be power supply 3 days into this rig. ad hadn't eve come close to overclocking yet

Back