• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4PE losing soundmax audio when cpu OC'd - URGENT help requested please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kara2003

Registered
Hi all,

I have a P4PE with a P4 2.50Ghz (SL6EB) retail. I able to sucessfully OC the processor @ 2975 ( 25 * 119 ), with retail HSF.

However, I have discovered that when XP loads, it can't see the Soundmax controller when the CPU is OC'd (AGP/PCI -> 66/33) ... Everything works fine if I take it back down to stock timings i.e. 25 x 100.

What's really weird is that if I set the AGP/PCI timings to automatic and then OC, the SoundMax is seen in XP OK, but then games are not stable. Also the Soundmax seems to be generating a random 'static popping' when playing games regardless or whether the processor is OC'd or not.

Enabling the plug and play OS hasn't made a difference. Should I RMA this board and or CPU ?

Anyone else run into this problem ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

p.s. Using 2 x PC3200 corsair xms modules and XP is running SP1

I wouldnt Rma it, too much hassle. I havent noticed this problem though, I always disable sound and evrything else when I overclock becasue I only overclock for benching. I guess the question is how many games do you need to have your cpu overclocked to play, I could understand it if you had a lesser processor but with that beast you have there, you really shouldnt need to overclock to play games or anything but benching for that matter, so I dont think it will bother you in the future.

Back