• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiators and Pumps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

*-*meJOE*-*

Registered
Greetings everyone, Happy new year, and I also have a question =D

I am currently working on building a water cooling system, and need some supplies. I was wondering were I could get some radiators and pumps.

The size of radiators that I am looking for is max 10"x6"x3" (HxWxD inches) and 2 smaller ones, 4.75"x4"x1.5" that would hopefully be reallyl cheap, and they also need to be copper. And I also need some small pumps, a submersable, and inline (I am going to have 3 radiators in my computer, so I need 2 pumps) were the submersable would be able to fit in box with dimensions of 3.75"x6.75"x5.75" (which is going to be the size of my resivior). I already checked out Home Depot, and Lowes, but they didn't have any radiators, and their pumps were WAY too expensive. So any help that you guys can supply would be GREAT.

Thanks and have a happy new year!

*-*meJOE*-*

heres how I look at it: WHY?

if its for 1 system, you dont need or can hardly use that many radiators.. if Im thinking what your thinking, your gonna stick the biggin before the cpu, then the others between the gpu and NB,

heres what I say, JUST USE 1 RADIATOR, stick that b efore the cpu then run the water that is .5c warmer to the other components:D not 5c but POINT5c, half a degree, virtually nothing,

I hope this helps you not spend so much extra money on junk you dont need and can hardly use

Jon

Well, no actually. First off cooling the NB with a fan is plenty, and watercooling it would definitely be overkill. What I DO want to do though, is get some super cold temps, or atleast see how low I can go ;). And do some experienting along the way, adding a TEC for example. All I know is that having the more COOLING power, the better. I would think about creating a Bong, but I want everything to be internal within the Case. So, to get anywhere near the temps that are achieved using a Bong, I am going to need as much surface area to dissapate heat as possible.

So, does anyone have any suggestions of places to obtain these supplies for CHEAP, but are of course good quality :D??

Good Day, (GO MICHIGAN)

*-*meJOE*-*

I agree with JFettig. With straight rad cooling the best you're gonna do is near ambiant temps. Adding more rads and another pump will actually just make this optimal temp harder to reach. I suggest instead of buying a bunch of cheap parts, buy fewer and better ones, that will get you best results.

peace.
unloaded

Iron Hawk has some nice rads you might wanna check out the Classifieds, nice and big and brand new and very resonably priced =)

Well alright, I guess I will just use one nice rad for the setup, just saves me work =D

*-*meJOE*-*

He doesnt have his 100 posts to get in, send him a PM

But if i add a TEC, wouldn't it be best to have some more rads to help cool the water? And I think I will just use more than one rad for experimenting, you know, the best part of the whole overclocking game...

*-*meJOE*-*

I know what you mean *-*meJOE*-*, What I'm making may sound a bit overkill, but I'll have 4 (four) Chevette heatercores in my wc setup. Why as you may ask, I explain. The plan is simple. Watercool everything, from cpu to psu via hdd, gpu, gpu-mem, nb. I'll have a 226W TEC@12V on the cpu and a 72W TEC@12V on the gpu core. These all will surely add some serious heat to the system, and as I plan an average air flow of ~40CFM per heatercore, I'll need those 4 ones simply because there is no more space for another one inside my case (bump! its gonna be all inside one BigTower case) and i need the setup to be as quiet as possible :rolleyes:

Back