• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my left nut for an abit 850e board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flapperhead

imagine this! abits brand new th7lll with the 850e chipset, 600 mhz isc drcgs with 512 of the ocz pc1200 rdram. i close my eyes and see a 190 fsb with with 4x memory running @ pc1520!!!!!!
God, i can feel the stirring in my loins.........

yeah i preorded my mobo already can't wait when the are hitting the stores :) hope some good thing will come out in the new year

I know how you feel Flapperhead. I've been looking at the OCZ 1200 Mhz 32 bit sticks myself. We'll be seeing even faster RDRAM become available soon.

Yeah if they don't have an 850e by now then it looks pretty bleak. I'm somewhat suprised they didn't. Maybe there is a RDRAM chipset over the horizon that is much more desirable and they are waiting. Either way, somewhat weird of them to overlook it. But its not a big deal to me as I hate RDRAM.....lol.

yeah the future of rdram looks bleak, with 90% of r&d going into ddr platforms i guess abit figures it aint worth the trouble

With the continued proliferation of routers, switches and HDTV technology etc, we'll still be seeing RDRAM around for the forseable future. Although Rambus's PC market has shrunk, it continues to be one of the top ten fastest growing companies. Serial memory technology is the future. It's too fast to be ignored and unlike DDR SDRAM, it's latency decreases as it's speed increases. The market's just not ready for it yet. For right now, the workstation market will become the domain of Dual Channel DDR. DC DDR will also become the primary choice of desktops as well taking over where Single Channel DDR leaves off. RDRAM will become a niche market among computer enthusiasts for now. Remember this: Once Barton is released and combined with the N-force II motherboard, you're gonna see some gnashing of teeth until Prescott arrives.

yeah yer right. if intel hadnt tried to stuff rambus down peoples throat when the p3 couldnt even use all the bandwidth(not to mention expense) and rambus had"ve acted a little more civilized, who knows maybe the masses would"ve adopted this much maligned technology

Dell is still pumping out thier top of the line Dimension systems with RDRAM. Last time I checked, Dell is the only PC maker that made money last quarter. Until Intel tops the 850e for the P4, the Dells' and the like will still be using it cause it is the fastest platform available.

Back