• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

10-10-10 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blckhawk

You may ask what the crap is 10-10-10. Well my air intake is 23C, my case is 33C and my CPU is 43. Subtract the difference between them and you get 10-10-10. I'm wondering about the rest of you out there with water cooling, are your temps comparable? Do you also have the 10-10-10?
Thanks,
blckhawk

room 18C
case 33C
cpu 26C

I use the in-socket thermister, so it's accuracy is dubious at best, and I really don't have much "case" to speak of.

a 10c temperature difference between case ambient and room ambient seems awfully high. Where are you measuring your case temperature and how accurate is the measurement?

i leave the side off my case.

(atm)
Ambient: 18
Water temp: 26.7
Cpu temp: 36

Wangster said:
a 10c temperature difference between case ambient and room ambient seems awfully high. Where are you measuring your case temperature and how accurate is the measurement?

I think the MB has a temp. sensor that read case temp. My CPU temp comes from the in-socket thermister (8KHA+) and room temp comes from a digital temp probe near the air intake to my case.
blckhawk

JFettig said:
holy crap, I got 9-10-11 :p

19, 28, 39
And I still don't get how you come up with three intervals between three items. I'd say you have 9-11. Where do you get the 10?

yeah I thought about that when I posted, I think its.... its... I DONT KNOW lol seriously, what is it?

redPEPPER said:

And I still don't get how you come up with three intervals between three items. I'd say you have 9-11. Where do you get the 10?

Uhh I don't know. Maybe its 10-10? Hey I'm not a math genious I just thought it was interesting about the temps. Sorry. :)

blckhawk

If your case temp is 10C above ambient, you have some really bad case airflow. My case temps stays within 2C of ambient. OF course, I do have about 300CFM of air flowing through my case.

22 - 31 - 48. Grr. My temps have been all over the place since I put a reservoir on which leaked so I took it off, re-filled my system, and now it's rubbish. I don't know what the h*ll is going on, but hopefully, it'll be cured ith my new radiator.

I wouldn't trust the temperature sensors of a MB they seem way to inaccurate based on the WIDE variety of temperatures people have posted in the past.

Might try putting more digital temp sensors around your case and also one flush with your cpu/heat exchange interface or behind your cpu socket. Even then your cpu temperature will probably not be as accurate as theoretically measuring inside the core.

frostmeister said:
22 - 31 - 48. Grr. My temps have been all over the place since I put a reservoir on which leaked so I took it off, re-filled my system, and now it's rubbish. I don't know what the h*ll is going on, but hopefully, it'll be cured ith my new radiator.

i dont understand how this caused your system temps to go up and down, if your res did not leak, it should keep the temps either lower, or take longer to get up to the same old temp, because there is more water to heat up. was the leaking res leting air in to your system?

Back