• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc133-pc150?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

logos

do most people get by with pc133 at higher fsb or do you spring for the pc150+? right now i have a 128 stick of pc155 but i want to either get a second 128 or a 256. i am running at about 150fsb. thanks for any suggestions!

You've got to run SDRAM in in sync with the front side bus... that's why it's called Synchronous Data RAM.

Some good PC133 will hit 150+. But you can locate PC150 at places like Googlegear.

Back when I was running SDRAM on my old IWILL board, I was using KingMax PC150. It was much better then the previous PC133 i was running, allowed for better timings and higher OCs.

Shade00 said:
You've got to run SDRAM in in sync with the front side bus... that's why it's called Synchronous Data RAM.

If your mobo supports it there is no reason you have to run sdram in sync, It will easily run asynchronously. Such is the case with my motherboard, that doesn't mean I like it though. [edit]Currently running fsb at 118, memory at 163.

Last edited:
Shade00 said:

Some good PC133 will hit 150+. But you can locate PC150 at places like Googlegear.
Not so. Many boards have options to run memory at FSB + PCI. Mine does. I'm stuck with a KT133 (non-A) chipset board, my FSB is 100 but my memory runs at 133. (and no more than 133, :mad: :mad: :mad: ) Had I the $$$ I'd get better memory and up my memory speed. Not all 133 ram will do 150. One of my two stick will do 140 but the other won't even do 134.

Back