• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Via Aqua- Have you experienced problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Via Aqua- Have you experienced problems

• Yes

Votes: 23 22.8%
  • No

Votes: 61 60.4%
  • Yes, but they were very minor.

Votes: 17 16.8%

• Total voters
Via Aqua 1300 gives me no problem at all althought I only tested it once. It is my backup pump if my main pump Eheim 1250 goes out.

Even a Rio wouldn't show problem signs with that little use.

I still believe many pumps could run a week without problems. Now if it ran a couple months with no problem, that would be a better indicator of its quality

I would consider that at least a "Yes but they were very minor" response

I have 2 running in me system. One is almost 8 months old, the other 4 months. No problems and very quiet. I do have them suspended upside down and not touching anything.

I cracked the outlet by forcing in the hose barb too far, other than that, it's a peach. I run it submerged now so a tiny dripping leak is no problemo.

Been running mine inline 24/7 for a little over 6 months now and i have no problems. Its on the bottom of my case and has a 120mm fan blowing over it about 6-8 inches away and this way it doesnt get too hot.

I wouldn't try that mod unless your pump is rattling. Mine is quiet without the mod. I've heard some people complain after doing mods like that. They say their pumps won't start after doing this, and they haveta spin the impellor to get it going. Obviously this doesn't happen to everyone, maybe they got glue somewhere it shouldn't but I wouldn't try this unless it's needed, and then use lottsa caution doing it.

peace.
unloaded

I am at my 11 month mark on mine (24/7, except for upgrades and extended vacations), it has been running well ever sense, however, i just got back from christmas break and when i swithched it on, it is making a strange buzzing sound, sometime i will open up the resavoir and take a peek, it still is pumping fine.

I plan on redoing my entire watercooling system soon, so i am not too worried about it.

Iron Hawk- you wrote the super glue mod of the via aqua on wc101.com, right? It's disturbing that even a modded via aqua is starting to make annoying noise.

I'd bet it was held to bottom of res with the suction cups and came loose. Prolly vibrating against the side of the res causing the noise. Just a guess, but I'm basing it on things that have happened while messing with mine.

peace.
unloaded

Yes, that was me, and no, the pump is not vibrating against anything, it is suspended freely inside the resavoir. I think it has something to do with the endcaps on the impeller, they never fit perfectly from the get-go, and i think i remember having this problem when i first got the pump.

Back