• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RDRAM Watercooled?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

K1ll1nT1m3

I thought I have seen a company that made water blocks for memory. I cant seem to find those pics again. Does anyone know who made those? Or any tips on making a water block for mem? Thanks

dont waste your money. spend the money you would have spent on the ram coolers and get higher rated ram. and dont you say your going higher than they rate them cuz that'd be bs.

-peace

Rdram 800mhz

I have been having problems with "page fault in non paged area". Everything I read says that a memory problem. Is that true? I just got a 2.53 P4 so I am going to have to get new 1066 anyway. But I have noticed that rdram runs real hot. I think this mem is toast now. I cant overclock at all. I had to drop down to a 1.5 P4 just to get it to work. I have a case temp of 30*c. Everything else is water cooled. So I dont know what else to do. I was thinking of gettin those heatsinks (with the fans) and removing the heat sinks from the RDRAM and using those new heatsinks. Any thoughts on that idea? Thanks again.

:cool:

RDRAM doesnt really run that much hotter that SDRAM, it also has different modes that the memory operates in - where as SDRAM is consant in its heat output - RDRAM can go into a sleep mode when its not being used thus reducing heat whilst its not active...they arent heat sinks as well - they are heat spreaders...they will just dissipate alot of the heat around rather than be designed to take it away.

that fan also seems to have no effect on the memory itself, only the airflow around, which yes is a good thing - but you would want it somehow integrated into the face of the heatspread rather than balancing way above...

sounds like a rant I know

Asus P4G8X????

Only way Ill get DDR is if i get a dual channel DDR board. Still waiting on the Asus P4G8X to come out. I was wanting rdram so I could keep this Iwill board. If the Asus only had ATA 133 I would be the happiest man alive. Anybody know where I can get a ATA to Seriel adapter? I hear its coming out this month. Anyone know for sure? Any other boards have the features that one does??? I read on the site they have started shipping them.

one more thing

Thanks man. Now if I could just find some more info on the Asus P4G8X. Like a realese date!!! And a price!!!

:D

Back