• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TWINmos PC2700 cl2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smudged

This RAM has just appeared for sale for a VERY good price. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience of running this (CL2)PC2700 from TWINmos. It is knocking about £50 off the nearest competitor.

Specifically, I am running 256MB Mushkin High perf. (CL2.5) at the moment (see sig for timings).

I just want to know if you think it will run well in set up.

The price is so good it makes me nervious about it being a bit pants.

product: TwinMOS PC2700 DDR-DIMM 512MB CL2
Memory184-P (for DDR-PC333MHz)

i was told, by a reseller of Twinmos, and a sponsor of O/C'ers and many other sites...

to avoid Twinmos because it does'nt perform well.

i was looking for something decent, and emailed this gentleman regarding his stock.
it's great to get that kind of honesty, which in turn, cost him that sale, but obviously that was a big red flag to me re: Twinmos.

i don't feel i can say who told me that,
it was in the confidential form of email and i dont think he'd be overjoyed to find his quote published...

let's just say i've heard from a very reputable source, and i pass it on.

if you do try it,
make sure the reseller will allow for easy exchange if it won't perform to spec.

*as advertised* should be expected, and it's really all you should expect.

and that said, for a great price i'd surely go ahead and test it out. it may be the dogs danglies in a new revision or something.

good luck m8!

btw, my pals are having great results with Corsair XMS,
that would be my own recommendation.

That confirms my thinking......you get what you pay for!

the corsair is about £50 more in the 516MB stakes but I think i will hold on for a couple of months and go with the big boys.

Thanks for the reply, I guess nobody else has an opinion these days.

Back