• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ordered my parts! What do you think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shaotai

I'm through with noise associated with air coolers and have ordered my parts for a new watercooling kit. What do you think? Here it goes:
DangerDen Maze 3 Block, 1/2 inch barbs
Via Aqua 1300 pump, 1/2 inch barbs
D-Tek Pro-Combo heater core with shroud and 1/2 barbs
Delta mid CFM 120mm fan
Redline Water Wetter, 10 feet of 1/2 ClearFlex and one nylon T.
All for $160 shipped!

From what I've been hearing, the Via Aqua 1300 should be submerged in a resovior. But it seems that many are running it successfully without it being submerged. Not sure what I should do, since it seems to work either way? You recommendations?

All I need to do now is pick up a gallon of distilled water, maybe a few hose clamps and just wait for my parts!! Can't wait!:D

Thanks for all the suggestions and posts on this forum, I couldn't have made the leap to H20 with out it!

You're going to need a cap for your bleed line.

Keep us posted with your progress.

Good luck!

Looks pretty standard... As far as what all of the succesful people are using. Perhaps saving for an Ehiem later might be a good idea.

Has anyone worked with Swifty's new pump? The reviews are good, but I'm not too sure on what I'm speaking(I'm a dork with Air)

Read around on what to look for in a pump.

Generally you want to get a pump with as much head as you can afford and will fit into your setup.

Hope that helps.

I had the ehiem pump, thats mc somthing 300 I think it was...

the only thing I can say about it was, it's sooo small, it's built well and looks nice. I never got to use it cause no one sent me the right adaptor till 3 weeks after Ireturned it cause I was sick of waiting and looking for 1/2 adaptors for it.

my new Eheim is twice as big, but it's very good.

Back