• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

refer cooled h20 q's and advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
this is my second h20 system.been putting it off becouse of cost but its time.ive done and read every search i can also.
-parts-
danner mag 5 450gph @1' head
maze3 1/2"barbs id
6x10" rad 1/2"barbs id
these are all on the way.
fridge is like a 4cfoot size

i plan to put this in an inline setup.with a 2gallon plastic resivour sealed for pressure in the fridge.also will have a freezer comp also ill use somehow.
i plan to put the rad in the fridge with a few 120mm fans on it.the pump and fan psu will be outside.
will use a little antifreeze but not much.water wetter has coused me probs so im not using it.

ok my questions. i fold 24/7 will the fridge keep up? i know most say not to run like this as its to hard on the fridge but i think by placing the pump and psu on the outside it should be fine.

i wont have no other water blocks in this system.i just dont wanna drop $100 for a new fridge and cut holes in the side and it not work. i can always drop some ice in the resivour occasionaly.

ill also say i dont expect this to be uber cooling.just better than reg h20.i really dont even care about higher mhz. i just want this dang delta outa my case!

sounds like a nice setup you have planned. ive got a question...
danner mag 5 450gph @1' head
that just caught my attention because you almost never see anyone include the rated flow per feet of head. why is it that you noted the rated flow at 1'head? when most people state the pump flow, do they usually state it at 0' head? i know 450gph sounds really good, and i suspect it is even better if it can do that at 1' head. i suspect it implies something good about the pumps overall performance curve, is that why you stated it that way? just found that interesting and it confused me a little.

most responses i see say dont bother with a fridge they cant keep up, but ive also seen reports of people doing it with some success. i have only read about it on this forum though so you probably have already read the things i have, but i have heard of people air cooling the compressors to their fridges so they dont overheat and shutoff. your fridge does sound pretty small but i dont have any personal experience to say if it should work for sure or not. regardless, your watercooling setup should whip most by merit of the pump alone. it sounds like you are considering buying the fridge you refer to, its not one you already have? is there a specific reason why you are planning on buying a mini-fridge instead of a mini-freezer, i havent checked out my fridgerator prices lately but i know my girlfriend bought a freezer for her apartment and it wasnt too expensive. sorry for the questions outnumbering the answers. :D good luck. :)

wow imog you are very observant dude. i mean little details.i like that :D

well i figure there is no such thing as really 0head
http://www.yourpondstore.com/supreme_pondmaster_pond.htm
the pump does 500gph @0head tho
nothing ever stays level and has to be higher somwhere.yes its a very strong pump.ive used the mag2 or 3 before and it was more than enough.and i always believed in the high pressure thinking is best.plus i like to keep things relevant and im over the bragging stuff ,ya know making things look the best ya can?

plus i wanna be as accurate as possable to make the answers as accurate also.

ive been reading what Fujikuro did and see some of his work and changes.this is why i choose keeping the pump outside the fridge.i found an ac 120mm fan im in transaction with now.no need for another psu.hes the only one ive seen this didnt work out as wellas he thought it would, but i think ive made the changes to make it work good.

the fridge is like dorm sized with a small freezer compartment.ive seen other take that down and stick that part in the resivour.so its mabey half the size of a reguler fridge.ive seen em at home depot for less than $100

mini freezer? hmmm never thought of it,would work better but i need to find one and price em.bestbuy has em im sure.

btw just a little added good news im buying a 2400 this week also and selling most likley my 2200 so the oc will rock!

but my main goal is to get rid of the 7000rpm screamer i hear all night.a bigger oc is just a plus.

bump i need some more input guys before i pop the money down on the fridge or freezer. im getten one of em as the rest my h20 stuff will be here soon.

Small refrigerators were not meant to remove a lot of heat all the time. I would be more careful and pick up a cheap second hand one at Salvation Army or such.

moonchild said:
Small refrigerators were not meant to remove a lot of heat all the time. I would be more careful and pick up a cheap second hand one at Salvation Army or such.

im gonna check out a few places like that also.
this is going in my bedroom where all my pc stuff is and a full size refer is out.i know small refers have a hard time with this but a dowm sized half one i think should be ok.this is why im adding a 2 gallon resivour and seal it but i can still drop in a big icecube once a day to help.

im now looking into the compact freezer solution.but i kinda dread this route beouse it will bring up condesation problems.i know i can just conforma alot and seal stuff up but id like to keep it simple.

the freezer i think i posted a link above will do the trick fine.

Back