• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4PE game/midi port...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aughtsix

Can someone tell me how I can 'activate' the game/midi connector on my P4PE? I'd much rather use my old Sidewinder 3D Pro joystick if I can, and that's the only place it can go.

When I plugged it into the game/midi port I went to the Hardware Manager and had it check for a new device but it didn't recognize it. Then had it check for a non plug -n- play device, but still nothing.

Geez, I'd hate to have to go out and spend $35 on a new USB Sidewinder when there's nothing wrong with my old one.

How can I get my system to recognize it??

Steve

Are u sure u have your game port recognized? Check it out under the Multimedia branch in device manager. If you do, try finding some drivers for that 3D Pro, there might be some :)

Originally posted by Vulpes Are u sure u have your game port recognized? Check it out under the Multimedia branch in device manager. If you do, try finding some drivers for that 3D Pro, there might be some :)

Okay thanks. I've been looking for the disc that has the drivers on it - the original box has to be around here somewhere.

Back