• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

intel d485pebt2 USB wiring

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trend

Hey guys, I got the intel promo deal thing in a while back and also got a antec 1080 case.. I want to use the front usb ports, but I don't know the correct wiring to connect it to my motherboard.. There isn't any special wiring diagram in my motherboard manual. Anyone have any ideas?

This would help me out like sooo much.. as I am sure a lot of other peoples

thanks!

From the manual on intel's site
ftp://download.intel.com/design/motherbd/bt2/C1533301.pdf
Page 69,

Code:
Table 46. Front Panel USB Connector
Pin  Signal Name       Pin  Signal Name
1    USB_FNT_PWR       2    USB_FNT_PWR
3    USB_FNT1#         4    USB_FNT2#
5    USB_FNT1          6    USB_FNT2
7    Ground            8    Ground
9    Not connected     10    Not connected

Intel may suck at making mobos, but it sure knows how to put 128 pages of info on them.

Ralf Hutter said:

Intel doesn't suck at making MoBos. They make some of the highest quality, stable MoBos you can buy. They just don't overclock.

Agree;)

maybe I am dumb, but here is the wiring for my antex 1080 case.. the labels on the cables that is:

(1) +5v
(1) -D
(1) +D
(1)ground
(1)ground
(2) -D
(2) +5v
(2)ground
(2) +d

the only thing I know for sure is that (1) denominates the usb1 port and (2) denominates the 2nd one (both usb2).

I think +5v is USB_FNT_PWR
i know ground is ground :)

I just don't know what +D and -D is, one of them is USB_FNT1# and the other us USB_FNT1, right?

-----EDIT-------
figured it out, just incase anyone else has this problem, here is the answer:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...4b7ca989a58%40news-server.socal.rr.com&rnum=2

-----/EDIT-----

Last edited:
Back