• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Comments on this setup plz..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HappyAmdOwner

I truly thank all people who helped me on the other topic.. but.. my budget isn't htat high.. and so.. cannot afford such items. but yet i thank you all ::)

WEll, this is my setup..

dd maze 3 lucite top 1/2 fittings
Hydor L30
black ice extreme
10 feet of clear tubing.. forgot name
dd resoivor..
and clamps..and other accessories..

so..
is this ok??
this is my first w/c attemp

looks alright- a few changes I would make:
heatercore from autoparts store instaed of black ice- higher perforemance for 1/2 price
I would get either the maze 3 copper top or a swiftech block (those are easier to mound anyways)

Get this:
Dangerden Maze 3 with copper top
Heatercore from autozone (just JBWELD some barbs on, about $25 total)
10ft Clearflex
1/2inch T fitting
Via Aqua 1300 with 1/2inch fittings
12 hose clamps
2x Fans

No resivor, and the parts listed about are CHEAPER then what you have lsited, and work great!

I've chosen to by all my w/c items from cooltechnica.

It's maze 3.. (lucite top for looks)
Black ice extreme (blue metal for looks)
hydor L30 (will get eheim 1250 if comes to stock)
dd resoivor (for looks)
tracelet uv dye (for looks)
clear flex 10 feet 1/2 fitting
10 clamps
1 t-bar
1 y-bar
Arctiv Silver 3
Water Wetter

(fans and uv light will be purchased in Chile, where i live)

Any opinions?? if u think i should change items.. plz choose an item available in cooltechnica.. or a shop where it has alllll the necessary stuff for your opiniated water cooling setup. (i wish performance and lookks are available.. and plz make price.. aroudn 220 dollars))

and also.. any USA SHOP.. where i can get full window kits???
thx

umm....... the lucite tops are known to crack, i wouldnt get one. The resivors suck and trap air, i wouldnt get it. Why do you need the Y fitting? The hydor pumps run warm, just a caution~

okok fine..
where can i get a heatcore??
like. the thing that you guys say perform as good as the Black Ice Extreme but cost like 20 bucks?/
any shop.. just that can send to anywhere in states.and shipping is cheap..

If the one's of dd with lucite aren't so good..
are the ones of gemini good?? with lucite tops??

wait wait.. is the heatcore people's talking bout..
this one?
http://jab-tech.com/120mm_radiator.html

"This 'Heater Core' Style Radiator has mounting holes for a 120mm Fan. The Radiator has Copper Tubing and Aluminum Fins to provide the best possible cooling for its size. This Radiator makes mounting and installation a breeze. No need to make a shroud, drill out extra holes in your case, and just waste time, when you can get everything done with 4 standard screws.
Barb Size: 3/8" Using Hose Clamps is Recommended. "

if it is.. can it be used with 1/2 size tubing??
if not. which one is the good one ??

HappyAmdOwner said:
wait wait.. is the heatcore people's talking bout..
this one?
http://jab-tech.com/120mm_radiator.html

"This 'Heater Core' Style Radiator has mounting holes for a 120mm Fan. The Radiator has Copper Tubing and Aluminum Fins to provide the best possible cooling for its size. This Radiator makes mounting and installation a breeze. No need to make a shroud, drill out extra holes in your case, and just waste time, when you can get everything done with 4 standard screws.
Barb Size: 3/8" Using Hose Clamps is Recommended. "

if it is.. can it be used with 1/2 size tubing??
if not. which one is the good one ??
NOOOO that is not the one, that looks like a cube style rad, very restrictive! You want something like this:
http://dtekcustoms.safeshopper.com/19/cat19.htm?653

ok..is this ok??

Poly Topped Copper Spir@l Waterblock
Pro-Combo
Via-Aqua 370GPH pump
Hi-Grade Tygon Tubing 1/2' (10 feet)
Bay-Res Reservoir
Nylon Hose Clamp (10)

what would you change??
pump?/

HappyAmdOwner said:
is htis one good??http://dtekcustoms.safeshopper.com/19/93.htm?653

and alos.. which water block is better

one of gemini.. or d-tek

Yes, thats a good heatercore. Its a bit more money but it already has nice fittings, paint and shroud. It's still cheaper than a BlackIce Extreme and will perform much better. Make sure you have room in your case for it.

The Spir@l or the TC-4 block will prolly both do better than the Gemini. Also I haven't heard of any problems from either one of those blocks with a poly top, but that doesn't mean there haven't been any.

Dtek has good products and service, you won't go wrong doing your one-stop shopping there.

peace.
unloaded

HappyAmdOwner said:
ok..is this ok??

Poly Topped Copper Spir@l Waterblock
Pro-Combo
Via-Aqua 370GPH pump
Hi-Grade Tygon Tubing 1/2' (10 feet)
Bay-Res Reservoir
Nylon Hose Clamp (10)

what would you change??
pump?/
Get the TC-4 over the Spiral, If you want the best block, get Cathar's White Water block - it is $$$$$$$$$ though. I would skip the res and do a "T" line and if you have the $$$ get the Eheim 1250 over the via aqua. Also the nylon clamps suck, use the metal auto hose clamps. The "Pro" rad is the same as the standard, it is just painted so save your $$$ and paint it yourself...

When is their next stock coming in??
cause.. they dont' have the things i want..
like tubing..

liek.. many htings are out of stock

Back